PDA

View Full Version : interceptor and troops within flyers

xilton
10-18-2013, 09:51 PM
ok, I came up, for some reason in my mind, in doubt of this rule.

We all know we can't fire any templates at flyers. What about the units that come out of them at the same time. For example a night scythe dropping it's troops coming in. We can shoot them yes (even if I don't agree with that part) but since these are not flyers, can we shoot them with templates? They came from above but are not tagged as flyers. They are on the ground, it's not like a deep strike. Far fetched, probably but now I have a doubt. The damn rules are always in a loop on these things. Why can't they write them correctly as intended. I find it hard enough to accept we can fire at what was within the flyer (total non sense but badly ruled).

thanks again

DarkLink
10-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Yes, you can shoot at them.

Aegwymourn
10-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Since it happens at the end of the movement phase there isn't any reason the disembarking squad would be an invalid target. If it makes you feel better you could always assume the troops on the ground seeing where they are going to land and set the area on fire/poison/doody and they have to land in it.

xilton
10-19-2013, 10:41 AM
But can we use a template on these or are they considered "flying", like terminators coming in deepstrike.

DarkLink
10-19-2013, 11:06 AM
?

Necron infantry aren't flyers. They just jumped out of their plane, they're not zooming around in the air like magical pixie fairy robots. Nor do SM Terminators count as flying in any way when they deepstrike in.

Sly
10-19-2013, 05:57 PM
A unit that has Disembarked is no longer in its Transport, and therefore is not covered by any rules from its Transport. Whether Flyer, Stealth, Jink, the Disembarked unit only has access to what it has on its own without any transport rules added in.