View Full Version : Has Forge World fallen to Chaos?

Bob821
10-17-2013, 07:47 AM
OK so I understand that historically the Xenos and Traitors have not received the love from Forge World that the Imperium has. However it seems to me that maybe they have now gone too far the other way. Not with Xenos stuff but the traitor legions seem to be getting nearly all the love at the moment.

Let’s check the evidence as I see it.

Forge World latest releases Marines only;

Emperors Children Kakophoni,
Word Bearers Ashen Circle,
Erebus and Kor Phaeron,
Night Lords Rhino doors,
Night Lords Land Raider doors,
Sons of Horus heads,
Sons of Horus Torso,
Sons of Horus Shoulder pads,
MKIII Power Weapons (Generic)
MK II Power Weapons (Generic)
Word Bearers shoulder pads MKII,
Word Bearers shoulder pads MKIII.
Word Bearers shoulder pads MKIV,
Word Bearers Rhino door,
Word Bearers Land raider doors X 2,
Night lords MKII shoulder pads,
Night lords MKIV shoulder pads,
Night Lords Land Raider doors,
Emperors children Phoenix terminators and
IRON HANDS CONTEMPTOR! YEAH WHOOP WHOOP!

Do you see what I mean? All traitor apart form 2 generic weapon packs and an Iron Hand Dreadnought! That’s... 17 to 1!

I had a look in the Horus Heresy section of the website as well. Emperor's Children, Death Guard, World Eaters, Sons of Horus, Night Lords and Word Bearers for the Traitor legions and Just Iron Hands for the Loyalists!

I know there is loads of generic legion stuff for our loyalist’s armies but where are my MKII Blood Angels shoulder pads?

I am sure Forge World will get around the loyalists it just seems an odd way to go about releasing things. I'd have thought a mix of traitor and legion would help keep sales ticking over better?

So do you think the 'badies' are getting too much love? Or do you feel that the loyalists have enjoyed the spot light for too long and I should wind my neck in and be patient?

40kGamer
10-17-2013, 08:27 AM
It's a welcome change although it's really just FW flushing out the goodies for the HH books.

YorkNecromancer
10-17-2013, 08:43 AM
Also, remember that each Traitor Space Marine Legion in HH has a Loyalist version (depending upon the era of the Heresy).

Imperial World Eater Berzerkers are a legitimate thing.

interrogator_chaplain
10-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Well if you take into consideration the fact that the first legions to feel the effects of the Heresy were in fact, the traitor legions themselves, then it's not such a mystery. I was at Games Day, I know that there are Salamander armour kits coming (PM me if you want to see the pics.) and that you're forgetting that FERRUS MANUS (The first loyalist Primarch!) himself was just released. You've got to be patient with this thing. There are other important battles with loyal Legions coming, the Cataclysm at Calth, the Battle of Phall. Ultramarines and Imperial Fists. These things are going to happen. Patients is going to need to be your watch word for a while, but it will be rewarded.

I'm more interested with how long it's going to take the Dark Angels to show up. Hopefully they'll go into the Thramas Crusade where The Lion nearly beheads The Night Haunter. (Yeah, I went there. Come at me Night Lords players!)

Morgrim
10-17-2013, 10:13 AM
As a xenos player I have zero sympathy. Loyalist or chaos 99% of their stuff is still human. Hell, even their IA books are always humans vs a xenos race and always have maybe 2 or 3 things for that alien race and the rest new marine or guard variants.

Bob821
10-17-2013, 10:42 AM
As a xenos player I have zero sympathy. Loyalist or chaos 99% of their stuff is still human. Hell, even their IA books are always humans vs a xenos race and always have maybe 2 or 3 things for that alien race and the rest new marine or guard variants.

I feel your pain. I'm staggered how neglected Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, orks and necrons are.

It one of the worst things having to line my Loyal Codex Marine force up against another Loyal Codex Marine force.

Fizzybubela
10-17-2013, 11:04 AM
That's because the book is called Imperial Armour and not Xenos Armour.

RGilbert26
10-17-2013, 12:28 PM
They haven't 'fallen' to chaos, all they are doing is releasing stuff to do with the HH books. Funnily enough the first book features only Legions which turned to Chaos, second book has two loyal legions and so we'll be seeing more Imperial stuff.

40kGamer
10-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I feel your pain. I'm staggered how neglected Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, orks and necrons are.

It one of the worst things having to line my Loyal Codex Marine force up against another Loyal Codex Marine force.

We'd probably know why this happens if the company product line sales data was publicly available. :)

SON OF ROMULOUS
10-17-2013, 01:17 PM
..... they are doing the horus heresay that is why they are doing so many "chaos factions" the first book was sons of horus emperors children death guard and world eaters.... it would make sense that you make models for the armies in the first book... thus when they do the 2nd book they will continue to make more armies....

Archon
10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
@Bob: FW realeases contain mainly HH Stuff, thats because of the HH Book I "Betrayal". Guess what Legions playing a main role here? See? With Massacre out, there will be some more loyalist-stuff. But it will be me marines - roughly 90 %.

Ah and you forgot to mention the mechanicum stuff!

YorkNecromancer
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm staggered how neglected Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, orks and necrons are.

FW are just following the money. The Horus Heresy line is frankly a license to print the stuff, and the fluff doesn't really have a Xenos equivelant yet - the War In Heaven just doesn't cut it.

I would quite like some pre-uploading Necrontyr, though. That would be cool.

daboarder
10-17-2013, 06:57 PM

Wait, did you actually forget about tyranids........

Bob821
10-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Wait, did you actually forget about tyranids........

Damn it I knew I missed one! Must have gone over that list 10 times each time telling myself I'd missed one but could not figure out whick! D'oh! And probably the most neglected one!

Brakkart
10-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Damn it I knew I missed one! Must have gone over that list 10 times each time telling myself I'd missed one but could not figure out whick! D'oh! And probably the most neglected one!

You also missed Daemons! :p