5 man tactical squad, lascannon, rhino - 125
5 man tactical squad, multimelta, rhino - 115
5 man tactical squad, multimelta, rhino - 115
5 man tactical squad, plasma cn, rhino, melta bombs - 125
5 man tactical squad, plasma cn, rhino, melta bombs - 125

Elites
Dread - TL Autocannons - 120
Dread - TL Autocannons - 120
Ironclad Dread - PF/SB, Assault Launchers, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, drop pod - 180

Heavy
Ironclad Dread - PF/SB, Assault Launchers, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, drop pod - 180

1850/1850 points

Mad Cat
10-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Always better to have 5 pods so 3 can arrive on turn one. Swap one rhino for a pod on a MM squad and replace the MM with a meltagun.

I don't think the shield is worth it on a 2 wound model. Perhapse take a 10 man squad for the drop pod and combat squad the heavy weapon into a reinforced ruin in your own deployment zone. Then give the MoF a conversion beamer?

rxcky
10-17-2013, 12:41 PM
I like it, been toying with a Iron clad spam list myself and this is pretty close to what I would go with. I'm not sure why your taking so many troops though, 6 troop choices is a lot and they will get mulched pretty quick, also why heavy weapons on the Tacticals? They are not going to get to use them much unless your standing still. I would go plasma instead to shoot out the fire points of the tanks and I would drop it to 4 squads instead of 6 and use the points to boost the other stuff. You are light on Anti-Air as well, don't know how you feel about FW but I would swap the Auto Dreads for Mortis Contemptors with Auto Cannons, thats your Anti Air sorted and can take on ground tanks too. I would also consider Lucius Pattern Drop Pods for the Dreads, they are only 15 points more and let your dreads charge out of the pods. If I may this is what I would suggest:

MotF - Bolter, Grav Pistol, Melta Bombs, Shield Eternal - 160

Aegis (For Mortis Dreads) either with a coms relay for the reserves or a quad gun and stick the MOTF here. If you take the Quad you would have to drop 10 points from somewhere, if you take the comms you have 10 points left over.

Troops:
5 man tactical squad, Plasma Gun, rhino - 120
5 man tactical squad, Sgt Combi-Gun, meltagun, drop Pod - 130

Elites
Contemptor Mortis Dread - 2xTL Autocannons - 165
Contemptor Mortis Dread - 2xTL Autocannons - 165
Ironclad Dread - PF/SB, Assault Launchers, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, Lucius drop pod - 195

Heavy
Ironclad Dread - PF/SB, Assault Launchers, Seismic Hammer, Meltagun, Lucius drop pod - 195

1840-60, just needs a little jiggling to get to 1850.

Nice idea all round though, I like it.

Billy Harrington
10-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Always better to have 5 pods so 3 can arrive on turn one. Swap one rhino for a pod on a MM squad and replace the MM with a meltagun.

I don't think the shield is worth it on a 2 wound model. Perhapse take a 10 man squad for the drop pod and combat squad the heavy weapon into a reinforced ruin in your own deployment zone. Then give the MoF a conversion beamer?

That's a good idea, ty for the input.

Billy Harrington
10-18-2013, 12:24 AM
I like it, been toying with a Iron clad spam list myself and this is pretty close to what I would go with. I'm not sure why your taking so many troops though, 6 troop choices is a lot and they will get mulched pretty quick, also why heavy weapons on the Tacticals? They are not going to get to use them much unless your standing still. I would go plasma instead to shoot out the fire points of the tanks and I would drop it to 4 squads instead of 6 and use the points to boost the other stuff. You are light on Anti-Air as well, don't know how you feel about FW but I would swap the Auto Dreads for Mortis Contemptors with Auto Cannons, thats your Anti Air sorted and can take on ground tanks too. I would also consider Lucius Pattern Drop Pods for the Dreads, they are only 15 points more and let your dreads charge out of the pods. If I may this is what I would do.

6 troops is useful in 6th where so many games are objective based, the heavies can snap fire until on an objective and then fire at full bs.

Tourn allows no FW but if it did I would re-read lucius pods as they useless now, you can't assault the turn they arrive any more.

I use the dakka dreads for anti air, not great but does the trick for me.