PDA

View Full Version : A reader's impression of Gotrek and Felix, City of the Damned.

Mr Mystery
10-17-2013, 03:02 AM
Polished this one off last night, which means I am once again completely up to date with this duo's escapades. Hurrah!

And to be honest, after the personal disappointment that was Road of Skulls (which has replaced Giantslayer as the weakest entry).....this was an absolute corker! Really interesting supporting characters, wounds that follow them througout the book, and a really awesome use of the lesser explored effects of Chaos.

Without giving too much away, this could easily be 'Gotrek and Felix go to Silent Hill, and smash stuff up'.

Suffice to say, I cannot say much more without giving away plot elements, and key or not, I hate it when that happens in a review!

Buy it, read it, love it!!!

Also, [spoiler, but not really related to this book]
After the cliffhanger at the end of the frankly superb Zombieslayer, I have had confirmation that we will be returning to the fate of Snorri Nosebiter in a future volume. As the lack of Snorri closure really ruined Road of Skulls for me, this is good, good news in my book!

[/spoiler done with]

Wildeybeast
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
To clarify, it is Mordheim that the title refers to right? Was thinking of picking this one up as I love that game and setting.

Mr Mystery
10-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Yes, yes it is!