PDA

View Full Version : Non dedicated transports

darth_papi76
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Can infantry units begin the game inside a non-dedicated transport (i.e. falcon, valkyrie)? Also, can they do this if they and the vehicle are both in reserve? For example, putting I.G. vets in a valkyrie that is going to deep strike/outflank.

Nabterayl
11-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes, they can.

Melissia
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
This also applies to things like Sororitas Rhinos IIRC, which had the dedicated transport rule removed from them in their errata.

SombreBrotherhood
11-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Absolutely. Just keep in mind that you need to specify the arrangement before you roll, i.e. who's in what transport and which characters are attached.

BuFFo
11-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Absolutely. Just keep in mind that you need to specify the arrangement before you roll, i.e. who's in what transport and which characters are attached.

No you don't. Not in the slightest.

The only thing you need to do is mark down what unit is in what transport as to avoid cheating during the game when your units disembark for any reason.

I always just mark my army list.

Lerra
11-24-2009, 02:50 AM
It depends which ruleset you are playing under. Most tournaments seem to use Adepticon, which states that you must declare which unit is in each transport. Locally we use Adepticon for friendly games, too. At the very least you should ask your opponent about how you want to play that particular rule.

The rulebook says basically, "You might want to declare what's in each transport, or you might not. Talk to your opponent. At tournaments, you'll probably have to declare, though." So by RAW, it's up to you and your opponent to agree upon.

darth_papi76
11-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks everybody!:)

Vince
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Most places make you declare what is in what transports (every tourney I have ever played in did).

DarkLink
11-25-2009, 12:52 AM
No you don't. Not in the slightest.

The only thing you need to do is mark down what unit is in what transport as to avoid cheating during the game when your units disembark for any reason.

I always just mark my army list.

No, it is in fact explicitly stated in the reserve rules that if you put a unit in a transport held in reserve, you MUST declare this. You can argue over whether or not you have to say "I'm deploying this unit in this transport", but you MUST declare "This unit is held in reserve in this transport".

BuFFo
11-25-2009, 06:24 AM
It depends which ruleset you are playing under. Most tournaments seem to use Adepticon, which states that you must declare which unit is in each transport. Locally we use Adepticon for friendly games, too. At the very least you should ask your opponent about how you want to play that particular rule.

Since this is a rules forum about 40K, and the poster I was responding to did not mention anything about Tournaments, his comment, therefore, had nothing to do with Tournaments, and thus I was not addressing Tournaments.

The rulebook says basically, "You might want to declare what's in each transport, or you might not. Talk to your opponent. At tournaments, you'll probably have to declare, though." So by RAW, it's up to you and your opponent to agree upon.

Thats not what the rule says, but you paraphrased it accurately enough. Showing whats in a transport during normal deployment is choice, not a requirement. Otherwise, you got it just right :)

No, it is in fact explicitly stated in the reserve rules that if you put a unit in a transport held in reserve, you MUST declare this. You can argue over whether or not you have to say "I'm deploying this unit in this transport", but you MUST declare "This unit is held in reserve in this transport".

I believe you misunderstood my response.

The person I was responding to didn't mention anything about Reserves, hence, my comment had nothing to do with Reserves!

Otherwise, you are correct.