Assault Squad x6 118
Hand Flamer x 2 20
Power fist 25

Razorback 55

Furiso Dreadnaught 125
Librarian 50

Learn2Eel
10-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Where do Lysander and the Terminators go? Deep Striking? It doesn't seem like you have anything to bring them out of reserves without scattering, which is a big no-no for how many points are in that unit. I'm personally not a fan of Terminators in 6th of either variant, I think I honestly prefer using Lysander to protect a unit of 8 Sternguard in a Drop Pod. Add two or three combi-meltas to that unit and go hunting all the big stuff your opponent has, plus, Lysander is a wound tank or can be separated off to charge a different unit while the Sternguard shoot! The Sternguard unit add up to being slightly cheaper than those Terminators as well, and you get a reliable delivery system for Lysander and far more firepower to boot!

Not a fan of the Scout builds, at least not the first one. Seems a bit of a mix and wasted points. I won't comment more as I'm not really big on how to use Scouts well, at least outside of Land Speeder Storm harassment anyway.

The Tactical Squad is in a bit of a pickle, the plasma cannon isn't that great and it is being put in a squad with a Rhino. Plus, the Storm Bolter is extra points for little better over a bolter. If you want to go the plasma route, drop the Storm Bolter - they haven't got much of an advantage over Bolters now - and the Plasma Cannon and instead give the Sergeant a combi-plasma and you should have a 200 point squad. Honestly though, one Rhino and one Razorback at 2K points will just die too easily, being wasted points. Try and get at least three more Rhinos or Razorbacks in the list for target saturation and general mobility.

Stormtalons get a plus from me, but only in pairs. One is too flimsy, three is overkill.
The Bikes look solid.

You need ablative wounds for your Devastators, who also happen to be your best source of anti-tank. I recommend a pair of 7 man squads. I don't know where you can get the points for these changes but maybe dropping the Scouts could be a start.

As for the Blood Angels allies, I can't really comment as I don't play or play against them, but generally, Death Guard seem to be wasted when going with melee weapons. They have Relentless boltguns and pay crazy prices for those weapons, on top of being Feel No Pain Marines with Fearless and Rage. Keep them stock IMO. A single Furioso Librarian Dreadnought is just asking to get singled out.

Overall, too little scoring bodies, too little focus, not enough survivability. Sorry I can't elaborate more, I burned my hands lol.

Nicholas Townsend
10-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi thanks for the replies all input is appreciated. I havent bought the furiso or the chaplain yet so i have 305 points to play with though i do need another hq for the blood angels.

With regard to my blood angles i havent painted any but i do have the box of death company and assault marines and i do want them as allies so i can play with what i have as there not assembled in any way.

How best can i configure what i have to compliment my completed imperial fists. Thanks

Nicholas Townsend
10-16-2013, 01:49 PM
I also have one spare missile launcher and i can modify the razorback to anything with a rhino chassis .

Nicholas Townsend
10-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Im really not sure what to do now. As ive said i have about 6-700 points spare and would like my allies to be marines of some sort. And i would like an assault squad.

Im not sure how best to construct the blood angels i would also consider using salamanders.

As ive mentioned i have a spare missile launcher and razorback/rhino chassis .

Is there any chance someone would be kind enough to create a sample list to complement my Imperial fists? Thanks

Learn2Eel
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi thanks for the replies all input is appreciated. I havent bought the furiso or the chaplain yet so i have 305 points to play with though i do need another hq for the blood angels.

With regard to my blood angles i havent painted any but i do have the box of death company and assault marines and i do want them as allies so i can play with what i have as there not assembled in any way.

How best can i configure what i have to compliment my completed imperial fists. Thanks

I'm really not too up to speed with Blood Angels, but generally you want your Allies to shore up weaknesses in your main force. As an Imperial Fists army, you are better off with a mix of static gunline and mobile elements to make the most out of tank-hunting Devastators and Marines with Bolter Drill. The Fists will likely be a mixed foot/mech list, but mostly with a shooty base, particularly if you use Lysander in that Drop Pod with Sternguard. An idea here is to give the Death Company and the Assault Marines Jump Packs and use their Descent of Angles rules to support Lysander's unit and your Rhino-mounted Tacticals from turn two onwards. Again though, I'm really not too sure what to do with Blood Angels, sorry.

I also have one spare missile launcher and i can modify the razorback to anything with a rhino chassis .

I tend to prefer Rhinos nowadays, especially as their base cost when up and you need a lot of scoring bodies. I prefer 10 man Tactical Squads but your mileage may vary, in that sense, I would probably convert it to a Rhino. I would honestly leave the missile launcher alone, it isn't that great on Tacticals or Devastators really. Keep it spare in case you ever do a four missile launcher Devastator unit with flakk missiles behind an Aegis Defence Line - something to consider for larger games, maybe.

Im really not sure what to do now. As ive said i have about 6-700 points spare and would like my allies to be marines of some sort. And i would like an assault squad.

Im not sure how best to construct the blood angels i would also consider using salamanders.

Is there any chance someone would be kind enough to create a sample list to complement my Imperial fists? Thanks

I'm sorry for the late reply; I tend not to browse the army list forum too much.

I'll see if I can get a buddy of mine to help you with a Blood Angels allied detachment, as they really aren't my specialty! Sorry about that, but I hope I've helped!

Nicholas Townsend
10-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi ive come up with two alternate plans for allies. Im aware i could ad the salamanders to my fists but i do not want to do that.

Please offer an opinion on these.Thanks

Blood Angels
HQ
Reclusiarch + Jump Pack

Troops
6 Death Company
Power Swordsx3
Hammer
Jump packs

Troops
5 Assault Marines
Power Fist