PDA

View Full Version : mobile marines ftw.

chicop76
10-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Tx to the new marine dex space marine bikes are abit better.compared to dark angels I can get an extra bike for every 100 points. Also the tax to turn bikes into troops can be the same or half the cost that Dark Angels have to pay.

A white scar and a dark angel alliance wouldn't be a bad ideal. Throw in grav gun bikes with plasma towing bikes wjth turn one deep striking terminators.

Anyway several years ago I had a legal mobie army which due to codex rewrite was mad illegal and I stopped playing marines due to that rewrite.

Thanks to sixith I can bring back my army list if I ally with blood angels. If I choose to do so I can have 4 bike squads, 2 assault squads, and 4 landspeeders base like I did in the old days.

Ironically I had the skilled rider trait, but going whitescars would give them thait trait and a lot more.

Honestly I was debating rather to do this list again or not. I am kinds adverse in doing so due to it looking like I woukd do so to join the ban wagan, even though the list would be my 4th edition list with a few changes. Like being able to takr 4 landspeeders for example instead of 3.

The beautiful part of all this is all I may have to buy is grav guns. Also may have to repaint due to half of them are different colours.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to play blood angels so I can have scouring troops with assault marines. I may or may not use too many army specialized items or charactes. I rather make my characters and rather not rely on fnp to carry my assault marines to victory.

I am still playing with the thought of using them.

chicop76
10-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Looks like blood angels may get a new dex. Still debating on my HQchoice of a captain or a libby on a bike or jet back.

ElectricPaladin
10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Looks like blood angels may get a new dex. Still debating on my HQchoice of a captain or a libby on a bike or jet back.

No. We're getting an electronic version of our current codex, with FAQs and edition-based rules changes integrated.

chicop76
10-17-2013, 02:16 PM
No. We're getting an electronic version of our current codex, with FAQs and edition-based rules changes integrated.

Oh well. Well at least I know what to expect. They coukd at least reduce unit cost.

ElectricPaladin
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Oh well. Well at least I know what to expect. They coukd at least reduce unit cost.

They have made it clear that they will not.

chicop76
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
They have made it clear that they will not.

Not too much a big deal for me. I just want to play assault marines as troops. The marine 4th edition codex you could and now I have a lot of assault marines that need love. I really only using Blood Angel rules so I can play an old list.

I trying to figure out which chapter to go with. They could easily be salamanders and a few could be deathcompany no problem. The bikes haven't been painted so I can go either way.

I do like the paint scheme of the death company in white which looks cool. Might do deathcompany which would be fluffy although they are rather expensive.

labmouse42
11-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Also the tax to turn bikes into troops can be the same or half the cost that Dark Angels have to pay.To make matters even better, if you want to pay the same general tax, you can get a lot more bang for your buck with a CM on a bike with PF, Artificer armor and Shield of Eternal than Sammael.

A white scar and a dark angel alliance wouldn't be a bad ideal. Throw in grav gun bikes with plasma towing bikes wjth turn one deep striking terminators.I've been spending a lot of time looking at this. The challange is that deathwing is just bad. Its flat out overpriced -- and you don't get anything form it worthwhile that you do from normal C:SM terminators -- which are also overpriced.

DA has a few things that it can still bring to the table that C:SM does not have.
- Powerfield Generators
- Default divination libbies
- Rad Gernades
- Bolter Banner (though it only effects DA)

The beautiful part of all this is all I may have to buy is grav guns. Also may have to repaint due to half of them are different colours. I bought the ion rife from anvil industries. It was a much cheaper alternative to get my hands on 16 grav guns.

chicop76
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
To make matters even better, if you want to pay the same general tax, you can get a lot more bang for your buck with a CM on a bike with PF, Artificer armor and Shield of Eternal than Sammael.

I've been spending a lot of time looking at this. The challange is that deathwing is just bad. Its flat out overpriced -- and you don't get anything form it worthwhile that you do from normal C:SM terminators -- which are also overpriced.

DA has a few things that it can still bring to the table that C:SM does not have.
- Powerfield Generators
- Default divination libbies
- Rad Gernades
- Bolter Banner (though it only effects DA)

I bought the ion rife from anvil industries. It was a much cheaper alternative to get my hands on 16 grav guns.

Hmmm. I will have to check out those guns, or wait when they finally sell them as bits.

I still think a dark angel and white scar army would be very strong working as an all bike army. The dark angel elite bikes with a storm shield art armoured white scar biker thrown in would make for a nasty unit. The twinlinked plama guns with rad launchers would also be deadly.

I do agree that the terminators are not really scary. The issue though would be dealing with terminators and bikes in your face. Honesty I more for the whole biker apeal. The twin linked ds shooting would be good if they had really shooty weapons. If you take storm shield terms you are losing out on the twin linked shooting. The only plus is the scout and turn one ds maneuver that the army can dish out.

labmouse42
11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I do agree that the terminators are not really scary. The issue though would be dealing with terminators and bikes in your face. Honesty I more for the whole biker apeal. The twin linked ds shooting would be good if they had really shooty weapons. If you take storm shield terms you are losing out on the twin linked shooting. The only plus is the scout and turn one ds maneuver that the army can dish out.What could make the DA a nice force multiplier are the rad grenades on bikes. Those guns lower the toughness of the target hit -- which is a great force multiplier when shooting at infantry.

Terminators have really bad dakka-per-point of the model. They just don't deliver much punch for the amount of points you invest on them. That's one of the big problems they have.