PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar w/ Eldar Allies

lobo60
10-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey guys, this is my Baron Sathonyx list i'm looking to run. normally I am an Archon fan always but, I kind of want to see how this army does in a more shooty edition and was wanting a little feedback on what you see as flaws or needs improvements. thank you as of always.

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx 105pts

Elites:

Trueborn: 2x SC, Venom (Night shields, SC) 131pts
Trueborn: 2x SC, Venom (Night shields, SC) 131pts

Troops:

Hellions: 10, Helliarch w/stun claw 175pts
Kabalite warriors: 10man, splinter cannon, raider (Night Shields, Splinter wracks) 180pts
Kabalite warriors: 10man, splinter cannon, raider (Night Shields, Splinter wracks) 180pts

Heavy Support:

Ravager:3x DL, Night Shields 115
Ravager: 3x DL, Night Shields 115
Voidraven: 2x Void Lance, Flickerfield 155

Eldar Allies
Farseer: jet bike, singing spear 120pts

Troops:
Dire Avengers: 5x, Wave serpent( Scatter Lasers, holo fields) 200pts

Heavy Support:
WraithKnight: 2x WC 240pts

ok I am going to run my farseer with the Baron and the hellions. I want to use the Wraith knight with my ravagers as anti tank and the Knight will tie up opponents if needed. I want to use him but I may replace the knight with another wave serpent.

Dave Mcturk
10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
think you nd your i/v save on troopships... there are weapons out there that ignore jink saves

think baron is better off with a 'heavy duty' unit .... with eldar allies you can pick from
gjb ... wraithguard... dragons... reapers... snipers, even scorpions...

with his stealth and the 'heavy' armour save he and they stay alive much longer... with hellions they are just cannon fodder...

i have 12 hellions but am falling away to preferring the duke with his super poison troops ...

but any archon type that can pull 18 2+ i/v saves in a row can turn a game in your favour

it mite be my meta ... but 7 basic reapers and a +1 tooled up exarch are far better than the 'wraithknight' that really does nd farseer buffs or it is just a glorified fire platform...
and they can pull another serpent as DT...

lobo60
10-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Normally I run, an archon in a raider with wytches, that has won man many games because the archon is so fighty and they are good in combat. I've decided to not run Baron and the hellions with the primary force and use the baron as an ally for my Eldar armies. I normally put my Farseer with a Jet bike squad. Appreciate the input, I could fit another serpent in there with Dark reapers though.

jberrysf
10-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Your points count is off on the Baron. He's 105 points. Super cheap!

Dave Mcturk
10-17-2013, 07:07 AM
my standard DE allies : Baron + 5 Kabz... 150pts ... usually come in handy

WarlordEXE
10-18-2013, 07:15 AM
If you're going to run baron with hellions think about increasing the squad size. 12-15 would be nicer. That said, I dont think its a good idea to run baron with hellions with a dark eldar primary. With eldar primary its ok, but thats because baron isn't your warlord so when he dies he isn't worth warlord. In the dark eldar as primary situation, it doesn't feel like you're beeing trolled when focusing on the hellion squad if you know you can get a victory point from it via killing the baron. Oh, and ya baron is 105.

lobo60
10-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Thank you guys for the input! I actually think I am going a different route with Duke Sliscus instead.