PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pt Ultramarines (vs Tau)

Kunstmann
10-15-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm about to play Tau this weekend and I would awfully much like to win :D I don't know his army-list, men I'm quite certain he will field one broadside, to hammerheads/sky rays and a homebuild Fortress of Redemption which I'm guessing he will be hiding behind...

Baseret on my currently available models I'm thinking of this 1500 points list:

HQ 165 pt
Cheif Librarian Tigurius

Elite 474 pt
7x Sternguard Veterans (Drop-pod (beacon), 1x combi-flamer, 3x combi-melta, 1x meltagun)
5x Assuault Terminators (3x TH/SS, 2x LC)

Troops - 403 pt
5x Scouts (Camo, 3x Sniper, 1x Missile Launcher)
5x Tactical (Plasma cannon)
10x Tactical (Rhino, Missile Launcher, Flamer)

Fast - 70 pt
Land Speeder (Heavy Flamer + Multi-Melta)

Heavy - 290 pt
Centurion Devastator Squad (Omniscope, Chest Missiles, 2x Twin-Linked Lascannon, 1x Grav Cannon+Amp)

Fortification
Aegis Defence Line + Quad-Cannon

The idea is pretty simple. Drop the Sternguards down behind his line somewhere and start melta'ing armor. In round 2 my Landspeed and Terminators should arrive (with help from Tiggy). Meanwhile Tiggy joins my Centurions and stars slugging up the board while shooting at anything that moves. My scouts will camp behind the defense line (and my objective?) while their sergeant mans the Quad-cannon. My 10x tacticals ride their Rhino up the board and combat-squad when they embark. The other 5 tacticals will sneak forward in cover...

As mentioned the list is mainly based on available models, men apart from the above I also have 1x Dreadnaught (CCW+MM), 5x Terminators (PF + SB), 1x Terminator Chaplain, loads of extra taticals (assorted heavey/special weaps), and all weapons for my Centurions (including Assault versions). Furthermore I could convert the Rhino to a Razorback if needed.

Any tips for gear-changes, units etc? Or does it sounds fairly solid? Never played against a Fortress before so uncertain what to expect :P Thanks in advance,

\kunstmann

Learn2Eel
10-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Tau hate Drop Pods, but only en masse. One Drop Pod unit will die incredibly quickly, and it hurts double when that unit is Sternguard. I'm not a big fan of the Assault Terminators with the Drop Pod Beacon, shooty Terminators make better use of Drop Pod Beacons to get no scatter and shoot a heavy weapon into the rear armour of vehicles. One Land Speeder is just First Blood bait for a Tau player, particularly with ignore-LOS smart missiles if you try to hide on the first turn. The Centurion Devastators don't look right to me, I think the missile launchers and grav cannons are the best build for them point for point. Saves you points and gives you a much scarier overall unit.