PDA

View Full Version : Tiny amount of extra cash burning in my pockets...

Lost Vyper
10-14-2013, 05:25 AM
I suddenly came by an extra 50€ and my Eldar fleet is giddy with excitement! Altough, thereīs nothing really major that can be done with this amount, i decided to check the ebay for some answers what to get...at the moment (cos i couldnīt find any decent Warp Spiders, need more of those) iīm bidding on a second flier (yeah, iīm STILL trying to make Crimsons viable :) ) and a Maugan Ra -model...my HEAVY-slot is SO occupied, that thereīs no reason to invest more in there and the troops, DAīs, Rangers, Bikes, Guardians, all checked...Elites...Eldar Elites...heh...when you got Scorpions, Banshees gathering dust and Fire Dragons occasionally making an appearance, no need to go there either...hmm...what would you get, if you had all the basics covered?

- Lost Vyper

Phototoxin
10-14-2013, 06:35 AM
You could spend that on malifaux or infinity and have a whole force with options, and a more tactical experience!

Pssyche
10-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Deaf easy!
Forge World Eldar Hornet.

interrogator_chaplain
10-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Save the money and work towards getting another 90 Euro, then, buy a Cobra Super-Heavy.

You've got the basics covered, why not cover the extravagances?!

Mr Mystery
10-14-2013, 07:05 AM
You could spend that on malifaux or infinity and have a whole force with options, and a more tactical experience!

Or you could continue with your plan, and spend it on a game you know you enjoy!

Deadlift
10-14-2013, 07:14 AM
If you don't have any of the Wraithguard models, they are rather nice. If not how about a FW Wraithseer ? :D

Cap'nSmurfs
10-14-2013, 07:25 AM
The new Wraithguard are indeed ****-hot, I can attest.

Lost Vyper
10-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Hornets? Got three of those, checked (very nice, by the way...)
Wraithguard? Got five of those, checked (expensive in points, but lethal...)

Gotta check the Wraithseer on FW thou...

Other games can kiss my...just about have time to play 40K...

Phototoxin
10-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Or you could continue with your plan, and spend it on a game you know you enjoy!

That's a bit like saying 'here take more heroin to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms' =p

Cactus
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't know how your painting is going, but maybe you could add another craftworld. I'd do a Saim Hann jetbike list. Of course, waveserpents are the best offensive weapon in the list...

ersatzgnomes
10-15-2013, 08:30 PM
That's a bit like saying 'here take more heroin to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms' =p

Does that make infinity/malifaux methadone?

Lost Vyper
10-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Yep, more of a player, not a painter :). I just saw some bat rep in youtube, the dude had 3 x Fireprisms and about 4-5 Waveserpents...brutal...CSM with two Heldrakes and Typhus with zombies didnīt have a chance...if you like to SPAM that is...my opponents in my FLGC are whining about TWO Wave Serpents already :) ...

Pssyche
10-16-2013, 04:09 AM
I'd still get aother Hornet.
I know you've got three, but I think three is overkill in a Standard 40K Squadron.
That'd give you two Squadrons of two.
Outflank with Acute Senses, you're pretty much picking which side you're coming on. Move 12", Snap Fire both weapons and then Flat Out 24" using Skimmer Assault.

Lost Vyper
10-21-2013, 01:46 AM
First bid closed, got me a Wave Serpent! Flier started to cost too much, so iīm bidding on some Warp Spiders and Wraithguard still...

Fanboy
10-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Buy GW stock/shares.......

Lost Vyper
10-28-2013, 03:24 AM
An update! Now i have second unit of Wraithguard...got five of those painted fairly well i might say with just 21 pounds delivered, thats about 26 euros...in the GW that caseīll cost 40€...plus painting costs...plus 7 euros to the trip to closest GW...nice deal... (says the man patting himself in the back) :D

RGilbert26
10-28-2013, 06:49 AM
At Ģ7.81 I think i'll pass on buying any shares :P