PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to the rest of Eisenhorn vs Ravenor

plawolf
10-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Simple question really, when Pariah first came out, the second volume of the trilogy was listed in the 'coming soon' section of Blacklibrary as due out around November, but it has since disappeared completely off the radar.

For the life of me, I cannot remember what the second volume was supposed to be named, so my attempts to search for details online have been rather fruitless thus far, so I am turning to the good people of BOLS to see if anyone has any nuggets if info on the follow on to Pariah.

Just_Me
10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
First, not to nitpick but his topic would technically be better suited to the "Warhammer 40k General Discussion" section.

Second, to answer your question; I don't know but I've wondered the same thing. However, if I were to take a guess Mr. Abnett has a lot of demands on his writing time but after he announced his diagnosis of epilepsy 3 years ago his health has required him to delay several of his books. I have to assume that he has delayed the release of the "Pariah" sequel for the same reason.

daboarder
10-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Horus heresy ate it, the same way it ate the ghosts, the calixus sector inquisition novels and anything NOT space marine battles.

helvexis
10-14-2013, 03:23 AM
Same thing that happened to the Dark Angels trilogy that started with ravenwing I think ...

Psychosplodge
10-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Deadlines have ever become flexible since Mr Abnett's unfortunate illness. I'd rather it arrived when it was ready than be rushed for a deadline...

daboarder
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM
whoa whats wrong with abnett?

Just_Me
10-14-2013, 08:36 PM
whoa whats wrong with abnett?

In 2010 he announced that he had been diagnosed with epilepsy. I don't know the specifics of his condition but as far as I'm aware, while it has impacted his life and his deadlines, it is not life-threatening.

MajorWesJanson
10-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Horus heresy ate it, the same way it ate the ghosts, the calixus sector inquisition novels and anything NOT space marine battles.

IIRC, the Calixus sector book 3 was eaten by licensing problems with FFG. I am curious to see when the next Sandy Mitchell book comes out though. It was every January for a while, but no word yet. Another Cain book, or even a short story would be great. And how awesome would a short story entirely from Amberly's POV be?

Wolfshade
10-16-2013, 01:54 AM
My collection of Tanith books are in the omnibus form, so I am waiting for the next one to come out, it makes me sad to wait so long but I can't get the other editions as that would be wrong.

daboarder
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
IIRC, the Calixus sector book 3 was eaten by licensing problems with FFG. I am curious to see when the next Sandy Mitchell book comes out though. It was every January for a while, but no word yet. Another Cain book, or even a short story would be great. And how awesome would a short story entirely from Amberly's POV be?

god damn, really? Those we're fantastic books.