PDA

View Full Version : Another new Jack: Cryx Ripjaw

GentleBen
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
http://privateerpress.com/files/imagecache/1up/products/Ripjaw.png

The Ripjaw’s pincer-like jaws are used to hold its victims in place while its bone saw cuts them into mangled and unidentifiable bits. Necrotechs take particular delight in using the Ripsaw, as the ’jack efficiently dismembers its victims into component pieces. Regardless of these lethal armaments, the Ripjaw remains quick and agile like its brethren and serves its master by maneuvering its arc node to wherever required to disrupt the plans of the enemies of Cryx.

Another resculpt of an old chassis. Another plastic kit? Looks like its only a matter of time before we get to see what will happen with the Revenger chassis. A new Cryx arc node was the last thing I was expecting and the description sounds like it should have very similar rules to the deathripper ie: sustained attack. Maybe it will get the renegade's critical shred as well/instead. I was really thinking Cryx would get a new bonejack that was cheap with a higher pow melee attack and very few special rules since the helldiver and stalker seem so odd as the rank and file (for lack of a better description) lights of the army. As soon as the PP forums open up again I expect to see complaints about "another overpriced arc-node."

Faultie
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm hoping that between this and the Firefly, we're going to see each faction get another light 'jack (and Khador maybe gets 2 heavies? Or a light?!)

If that is so, I wonder if Mercs will see another Gunbunny, or some other sort of light 'jack (another Pirate 'jack, or perhaps a Llaelese one?)

It's an exciting time for Warmachine!

GentleBen
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm just hoping to learn if/when they plan to do a merc plastic kit. I know the Nomad, and Mule are pretty different looking, but would it be too hard to stick an extra shoulder pad in the box? It would get trickier if they tried to include the mangler but I still think it could be done. I wonder if there would be shock and outrage if they streamlined their look a bit to make 1 plastic kit.

Faultie
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, the Mule and Nomad share (according to fluff) the same chassis. Also, if you break the models down, they're very similar (faces, shoulderpads, arms, and smokestacks aside). They're close enough that a light revision of each would easily make a single plastic kit. The question is more "Do they sell enough to warrant creating a plastic kit?" That, I don't know.

I don't think we Merc players care much about plastic 'jack kits. None of our 'jacks are too bad looking (at least, bad due to age of the model, not the look of the scult *cough*Vanguard*cough*). It's not like we have a Hunter, or similar.

That said, I'd love a multi-kit Gunbunny (makes a Blaster or Gunner or *potential new kit?*). I just don't know that we'll see anything like this any time soon.