PDA

View Full Version : New Citadel Paints?

Brakkart
10-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Just spotted this posted up on Facebook by Tyronforge which seems rather interesting. 6 new paints, new names anyway as I certainly don't recall a paint named Blood for the Blood God in the existing line.

New Colours
5x "technical" and 1 "dry"

Blood for The Blood God - thick glossy paint
Nihilakh Oxide - pale green wash
Typhus Corrosion - oily wash
Ryza Rust (dry) - bright orange dry paint
Agrelland Earth - crackling effect
Nurgle's Rot - shiny green ooze

Mr Mystery
10-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Looks interesting...

SaveModifier
10-10-2013, 02:06 PM
funnily enough, these look like covering a lot of the bases that you'd otherwise have to go to Valejo or Tamiya, Blood for bloog god is like Tamiya Clear Red, Nurgle's rot like Clear Green, the crackle medium and the equivalent of Valejo smoke wash, excellent idea from GW!

Morgrim
10-11-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm curious to see how well the crackle medium works. I've used the bulk stuff from craft stores before on terrain projects and it tends to be a little iffy on plastic. Although I've found for terrain unless it has lots of fine detail that can be obscured if you give it a good coat of non-gloss acrylic house paint (those little sample pots work great) then the normal crackle medium works fine.

(Obvious this is less helpful for GW terrain pieces but house paint is a great undercoat for scratch built pieces.)

Cpt Codpiece
10-11-2013, 06:05 AM
crackle medium is great, not sure on GW version as its in an open topped pot... same with all the others vallejo do also, id stick with those as the bottles are just better.

Mr Mystery
10-11-2013, 06:12 AM
What I'm most looking forward to is the simplistic GW paint guide on how to use them.

Sadly, many online ones lose me really quickly in a mire of technical terms!

eldargal
10-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Between the new paints and the new simple painting guides in WD and whatnot I've noticed a big increase in the amount of painting my games club members are doing, particularly the younger ones. If they start doing that with some of the more technical types of things like oils and different effect that will be very good for the hobby.

Kaptain Badrukk
10-11-2013, 06:42 AM
PaintSplash is a decent beginners' painting section.
I'd like to see a return of the Masterclasses and the more advanced painting guides too, because they sold white dwarf to me.
I've stopped buying since they went, since the internet can provide me with all the battle reports and adverts for the toys I could ever want.

Cap'nSmurfs
10-11-2013, 06:46 AM
I think this is probably akin to the 'Eavy Metal Paints Set. Remember we're getting close to Christmas, a bunch of gift type stuff is going to be coming in the next couple of months.

And yes, the renewed focus on painting and painting guides aimed at the novice (although I miss 'Eavy Metal Masterclass so much) is a really positive step they've made. There's nothing so depressing as fighting grey plastic dudes, and nothing so awesome as a fully painted army that's had care and time lavished on it.