PDA

View Full Version : WFB Triumph and Treachery??

bobrunnicles
10-09-2013, 12:53 PM
A rumor just popped up on faeit about the November releases, and among other things there was a mention of an expansion for Warhammer Fantasy called Triumph and Treachery...anyone have any intel on what this might be, assuming its accurate?

Mr Mystery
10-09-2013, 01:21 PM
First I've heard of it, but I am intrigued!

Sadly, being as it is a rumour aggregator rather than monger, Faeit's reliability is fairly up and down.

Wildeybeast
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
If it's true I'd guess it would be more along the lines of the blood in the badlands then storm of magic. Won't the big thing as it isn't summer and we already know there is a substantial wave of dark elves coming. Could even be e-thing, given that civil war rules are now available to buy in virtual format.

bobrunnicles
10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The latest update on Faeit (from an apparently solid source) is that this is an official set of 3-5 player rules for warhammer fantasy games, and includes a hardcover book, cards, coins etc...could this actually be the 'mystery box' I wonder?

Mr Mystery
10-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Dunno. Seems the whole 'Inquistion' thing might well have been bunkum all along.

Though.....if November is Hobbit (which it might well be...), then Mystery Box (which is not my anus), may be a Christmas treat? (Again, unlike my pooper)

Bigred
10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
via Faeit

Triumph and Treachery is an expansion that allows 3 or more players to battle upon the tabletop....... and in the end, there can be only one.

Its a hardcover expansion book, that comes with a deck of 36 game cards, 5 player turn cards, a pouch of game victory coins, a book with galleries, new artwork, examples of battles, and the rules for playing Triumph and Treachery with 3-5 players.

The cover of the book is a Dwarf fighting a Chaos Warrior in combat, with a Dark Elf Assassin sneaking in behind.

via BoLS 10-22-2013

Triumph and Treachery is similar in design to recent 40K supplements

-It has been designed with 9th edition (next summer) in mind.
-Many new rule mechanics are already included in the 9th edition ruleset.
-The main emphasis of the book, multiple players (more than 2) will work with 9th Ed.

-Storm of Magic by contrast will have a harder time being shoe-horned into 9th.

Cap'nSmurfs
10-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a nice Christmas gift~

Wildeybeast
10-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Hmm, multi-player Warhammer. It could be interesting, but I just don't see how it works. Mordheim developed extensive rules for multi-player games, but they were never true multi-player games. When you put physical models on a finite space (board), you end up fighting whoever is nearest to you. The game then breaks down into several 1 on 1 battles with the winners limping across the board to finish off each other off. The other alternative is that in games with even numbers of players you fall into de facto teams and with uneven numbers, one player or more players hangs back hoping the others will butcher each other. In any of those cases, I don't see why you would play that over an ordinary or team game. There may well be a way of making it work, but I don't see it.

Kirsten
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
sounds fun, I have two regular warhammer opponents. we used to do three and four way games all the time, I miss that.

Skipphag da Devoura
10-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Toilet Bowl mission has always allowed for 4 independent players... One on each corner... If you wipe out the player to your right, you win... Ergo, if you fight with the player on your left too much, and wipe them out, the player to their left wins... Sucks to be you... 4'x4' table... 1,000 points... Deployment 12" in, both directions from the corner. It's called Toilet Bowl, because the first player moves toward their right, and so on, but the 4th player is moving towards the center of the table as they move towards their target... By the end of turn 3, everyone is in the middle... It's awesome... Works for 40k as well...

bfmusashi
10-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Hmm, multi-player Warhammer. It could be interesting, but I just don't see how it works. Mordheim developed extensive rules for multi-player games, but they were never true multi-player games. When you put physical models on a finite space (board), you end up fighting whoever is nearest to you. The game then breaks down into several 1 on 1 battles with the winners limping across the board to finish off each other off. The other alternative is that in games with even numbers of players you fall into de facto teams and with uneven numbers, one player or more players hangs back hoping the others will butcher each other. In any of those cases, I don't see why you would play that over an ordinary or team game. There may well be a way of making it work, but I don't see it.

I imagine at least some of the cards are crazy-pants teleportation moves or treat _____ as a friendly unit for the purpose of deploying assassins.

magickbk
10-17-2013, 08:04 AM
The cover of the new White Dwarf shows Triumph and Treachery, and the tag line below states Multiplayer Battles and Mercenaries in Warhammer. Could this also include an allied detachment rule set, or Dogs of War, or the like?

Mr Mystery
10-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Mercs????MERCS????

*humps magickbk's leg in appreciation*

Wildeybeast
10-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Now dogs of war I would like to see. Lame '40k detachments' from other armies I would not.

Mr Mystery
10-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Reckon it will be along the lines of Storm of Magic, where you get an additional X% of points to spend on mercenary units.

Fingers crossed this will see the reintroduction of Regiments of Renown. I'd be stoked if that happened!

Cadian122
10-18-2013, 06:00 AM
it's true - I got my White Dwarf yesterday - it's a real book. If you want it it'll cost you, $140 Australian Dollars. The battle report is the rules in action.

Mr Mystery
10-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Well, get the pics up! Spit spot!

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Didnt think WHF would interest me - but I actually rather like the idea of this....tempting.

magickbk
10-18-2013, 08:46 AM
it's true - I got my White Dwarf yesterday - it's a real book. If you want it it'll cost you, $140 Australian Dollars. The battle report is the rules in action.

Are you able to at least give us a hint as to whether the rules are similar to another detachment, or something similar to Dogs of War?

Bigred
10-22-2013, 06:04 PM
via BoLS 10-22-2013

Triumph and Treachery is similar in design to recent 40K supplements

-It has been designed with 9th edition (next summer) in mind.
-Many new rule mechanics are already included in the 9th edition ruleset.
-The main emphasis of the book, multiple players (more than 2) will work with 9th Ed.

-Storm of Magic by contrast will have a harder time being shoe-horned into 9th.

Wildeybeast
10-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Got the latest WD, will post more detail on t&t when I've read it properly, but thought I'd share the news that, as I feared, the mercenaries system is not a return to the glory days of dogs of war, but a return to the old ally allowance system that vets will remember.

Cap'nSmurfs
10-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Having read the battle report, Triumph and Treachery looks like nothing short of anarchy.

That's a good thing!

Wornhammer
10-31-2013, 01:19 PM
I got my hands on the T&T book a bit early and noticed a couple of possible new terrain pieces. I posted two pictures of possibly new terrain pieces in the T&T book. Hopefully these are not just scratch-built pieces.

Circle Type Terrain
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/6k8y.jpg/

Portal Type Terrain
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/752/utzn.jpg

Maybe another double terrain kit like the Arcane Fulcrums collection.

In addition I have a review on my blog of the product.

http://wornhammer.com/2013/10/31/triumph-and-treachery-review/

Mr Mystery
11-02-2013, 03:41 AM
I got my hands on the T&T book a bit early and noticed a couple of possible new terrain pieces. I posted two pictures of possibly new terrain pieces in the T&T book. Hopefully these are not just scratch-built pieces.

Circle Type Terrain
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/6k8y.jpg/

Portal Type Terrain
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/752/utzn.jpg

Maybe another double terrain kit like the Arcane Fulcrums collection.

In addition I have a review on my blog of the product.

http://wornhammer.com/2013/10/31/triumph-and-treachery-review/

Two very good spots there matey!

Haven't read the review though, on account I never do. It's a weird personal quirk!

exfoliate
11-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Has anyone played a game with these rules yet?