PDA

View Full Version : 1850 daemons which list should i use?

chicop76
10-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Well after playing several Daemon games these are the two list that seem to do rather well. One is without heralds and one is with. Both have merits where the herald one my squads are much stronger, while the other one the Loc supports with Fateweaver and in a pinch engages with models.

1850 Daemons

300 Fateweaver
305 Lord of Change: EXALTED, Greater, Master 3

FAST ATTACK
320 20x hounds

TROOPS

162 18x daemonettes
156 17x daemonettes
90 10x nurgle
90 10x nurgle
HEAVY SUPPORT

125 skullcannon
125 skull cannon
180 nurgle soulgrinder phlegm

Or

1850 Daemons

300 Fateweaver
130 Herald of Khorne: EXALTED REWARDS, JUGGERNAUT
130 HERALD OF SLAANESH: Master Level 2, Steed of Slaanesh, greater
125 Herald of Tzeentch: Master Level 3, exhaulted gift

FAST ATTACK
288 18x hounds

TROOPS

151 17x daemonettes
151 17x daemonettes
144 16x pink horrors
HEAVY SUPPORT

125 skullcannon
125 skull cannon
180 nurgle soulgrinder phlegm

Lord Krungharr
10-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I am certainly a fan of Hounds with JuggerHerald, 2 FMCs is very useful, especially ones with great psychic powers like the Lord of Change. And you have a few more Troops in there, which is good, while maintaining superblastyness.

If I had to pick I'd choose the first list (I don't see too much benefit from the Steed Herald of Slaanesh, though Outflanking the D'ettes is great for Linebreaker).

Why not try a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch rather than a LOC? Some extra points, but then you could keep a Herald of some sort, though you might have to drop a Skull Cannon. The Skull Cannon is nice for popping Eldar Skimmers, but how many units will you really be assaulting in cover? And will it matter when you assault those units? Something to try.

chicop76
10-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Hmmm. I played both and they had their merits which makes it tough to pick.

I forgot to add begilment to thr Slaneesh Herald like I normally do. She usually does well picking out characters. Thinking about it she normally don't have psychic powers and I wanted to try her out without the begilment and with psychic powers. Normally I give her two specialized weapons as well which means I am use to 7 strength 5 attacks that always re roll to hit with an ap of 2. She wins most challenges rather easily.

I played the prince before and find it not really better than a Loc or Bloodthirster. Iron Arm, Endurance, and warp speed are rather nice, but the prince have no access to divination at all.

I done your suggestion before with the prince and find myself little points else where. Taking heralds and a prince forces me to play with only two troop squads if I keep the hounds.

I use my skull cannons as rangered cover denial weapons. Against Tau for example I can easily get rid of pathfinders with them or units that rely heavly on cover savez. I typically forget about the frag grenades. It is a cheap strength 8 wealon that can deny cover.