PDA

View Full Version : Orks Escalation (starts at 1000), will update as league progresses.

Dr.Duck
10-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Starting up an escalation league in a bit and it apparently starts at 1000. Not sure how much has changed. Orks have same dex and others got new ones which generally tells me that other armies got stronger.
So I generally like to build my armies very aggressive and with a high value to point cost ratio.
Problems Im encountering is of which ranged options to pick which im sure is entirely meta dependent.
IE(points-wise): 6 Kannons (150) = 10 Lootas(150) = 20 Boyz(145) = Dakkajet(130) = Battlewagon (125). Lots of choices....

Right now I think im looking at
30 Boyz Shootas, 3 Big Shootas, Nob Big Choppa (210)
30 Boyz Shootas, 3 Big Shootas, Nob Big Choppa (210)
10 Gretchin, Runtherd (40)
10 Lootas (150)
3x 3 Big Gunz +5 Extra Krew (225)
1 HQ (not sure yet)

so 165 left and down a HQ. Like I could get Grotsnik, not sure if he makes boyz run towards units, if so then hes a nogo. I could cut a couple points get a wazdakka which might be nice in a lowpoints game, or just a reg Warboss on bike. Im not super sold on MegaWarboss cause im pretty sure he wont see action all game.

So theres my swing at it. Im pretty sure that its at its worst its ok. Thanks in advance.

Dave Mcturk
10-11-2013, 04:19 AM
lootaz in open tend to get planted these days as a 5+ cover save is dodgy...
put them in a very cheap battlewaggon and give them survivability...

this can really back fire ! , but try a big mek with shokk gun in with the artillery... the 'extra crew' mean if he goes pop the guns are safe... im running two meks to ONE gun at moment ... but that is at 1750 !

another tactical advantage of big meks is you can pull a cheap dread for about 85pts which becomes a 'troop' choice... yes they are very slow, yes they are like little girls in a tin can, but for backfield work and being 'fearless' they can be very useful... go twin skorchas and they are a real threat to most drop troops... just remember in 6th thanks to the odd change in 'furious charge' they are only initiative 3 ! ... so yes id rather have 4 flamers and no cc arms but what the hey...