PDA

View Full Version : 40k in wangaratta

wangaratta wolf lord
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey all, looking for 40k players in the wangaratta area. Drop me a line if this is you....if not see you at Cancon 2010!

Dark_Templar
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Hey, I live in Donald, which is only 5 hours west. Ironically enough, you are probably one of my closest gaming options.

wangaratta wolf lord
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
there are a few gamers in bendigo and a club that meets in shep, but if you ever feel like a drive let me know.

what armies do you play? I have about 10,000 pts each of space wolves and orks and nearly 5000pts of guard.

Dark_Templar
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
there are a few gamers in bendigo and a club that meets in shep, but if you ever feel like a drive let me know.

what armies do you play? I have about 10,000 pts each of space wolves and orks and nearly 5000pts of guard.

I am just getting back into the hobby after 10 years away, so I only have a few fledgling armies, BT, Orks, Tau, small amounts of each, with IG about to be started (which will end up being my main army).

Honestly, I am a bit suss on Bendigo, am always worried I will get stabbed when I go there. And my sister lives near Shep, somewhere I will likely also get stabbed.

Maybe when I get my knife proof vest I will come across for a few games.

wangaratta wolf lord
11-23-2009, 09:24 PM
lol. well you are only likely to get set alight in wang (is it too soon to make light of this yet), so all you will need is a fire extinguisher- which is much cheaper than a stab proof vest. i live in between wang and glenrowan so the town 'thugs' wouldn't be a problem

Dark_Templar
11-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Awesome, I finally have a use for the flame retardant suit my Aunt Daisy got me last year.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
11-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Wow i thought i was the only one worried about getting stabbed, hey i dont go to dandenong id be affraid id get mugged, stabbed, and then they would steal all my miniatures.
BTW i live in Frankston.

Dark_Templar
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow i thought i was the only one worried about getting stabbed, hey i dont go to dandenong id be affraid id get mugged, stabbed, and then they would steal all my miniatures.
BTW i live in Frankston.

Hehe, I used to live in Endeavour Hills, so I know how bad Dandy is. But wasn't Frankston Station voted the most dangerous in Vic?

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
11-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Nah its a misconsception about Frankston.
Frankston always had a bad name but actualy its a great place to live, no gangs, and ive never hada traouble at the station and ive lived here all my life.
I feel safe in Frankston over dandy any day or night.

Its looking great with so many developements, including the station has been totaly rebuilt.
Lots of new camera's too.

Dark_Templar
11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Nah its a misconsception about Frankston.
Frankston always had a bad name but actualy its a great place to live, no gangs, and ive never hada traouble at the station and ive lived here all my life.
I feel safe in Frankston over dandy any day or night.

Its looking great with so many developements, including the station has been totaly rebuilt.
Lots of new camera's too.

I think one of the best things they did was clean up the beach and put Sophias (?) in up there.

Also making the place more neat and tidy allround was well done (ie: cinema, Nandos area).

Dandy however is scary just driving through.