PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Imperial Dedicated Transport?

ElectricPaladin
10-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Which will it be? The audacity of the drop pod, falling from the heavens? The old reliable rhino? The armored fury of the land raider? Which one do your prefer?

ElectricPaladin
10-08-2013, 12:18 AM
For me, it will always be the iconic drop pod. There's something so unbelievably badass about this thing falling out of the sky, haloed by the flames of re-entry, ready to disgorge death and justice. It's part of what brought me to this game, and I maintain that it's a shame that I only own two of the things.

Mr.Pickelz
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
I picked Other, because it's the unusual things that make the Space Marines stand out from each other. Such as, a group of Space Wolves commandeering a Squiggoth as a means of escape after successfully blowing up a Mek's Teleporta array. Having one Marine steering it through the Ork hordes, and the others shooting/fighting off other Orkz would be an ode to their awesomeness. :cool:

Thruzal
10-08-2013, 12:43 AM
The drop pod only because of the real life projects sustain and hot eagle. I rip my arm out of the socket to do that. Be a nice upgrade to lugging my mortar around, and it's cooler than the airborne training our army breathers do. No hurry up and finish the project Marine Corps.

Denzark
10-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Do you mean Imperial or Astartes - you have missed out a slew of stuff if Imperial - the humble Chimera is awesome.

Psychosplodge
10-08-2013, 01:54 AM
What about the Valkyrie?

Wolfshade
10-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Land Raiders all the way.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/880957_700b.jpg

Psychosplodge
10-08-2013, 02:29 AM
That's a funny looking Land raider, is that not a Land stroller?

Kaptain Badrukk
10-08-2013, 02:29 AM
The Chimera every time.
It's amphibious, command enabled, packs multiple heavy weapons and looks awesome.
The salamander deserves and honorable mention too, because Cain prefers it and I prefer Cain.

Denzark
10-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Kaptin - Not to be a pedant bu didn't think the Sally is a dedicated transport?

Tyrendian
10-08-2013, 03:37 AM
For me, it will always be the iconic drop pod. There's something so unbelievably badass about this thing falling out of the sky, haloed by the flames of re-entry, ready to disgorge death and justice. It's part of what brought me to this game, and I maintain that it's a shame that I only own two of the things.

this, pretty much...

Kaptain Badrukk
10-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Kaptin - Not to be a pedant bu didn't think the Sally is a dedicated transport?
It is for some HQs in forgeworld lists, hence why it only got an honorable mention.

gwensdad
10-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Rhino. One of the first kits for the game. The oldest transport to exist in the fluff (predating everything). Almost every marine player has one.

Mr Mystery
10-08-2013, 06:38 AM
DRUURP PURD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love those things, and if I had my way, you'd be able to land amongst an enemy unit.

Shock and awe. It's what Marines do.

That, and I have a Drop Pod capable ship in Rogue Trader. With nukes in the pods. Intercept them if you can!!!

ElectricPaladin
10-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Yep, shows my biases... I never even thought about the IG transports. Derp derp. :D

Mr Mystery
10-08-2013, 07:09 AM
In that case...Capitol Imperialis.

Allow me to run you over with my small town.....

Deadlift
10-08-2013, 07:45 AM
I went with the Land Raider. Don't know why but I just love em. Menacing to say the least and that's forgetting what could be inside.
However, I know I'm clutching at straws here but isn't a Dreadnought kind of like a dedicated transport :o. I would ****ing love to ride around in one of those and administer the emperors justice :D

Psychosplodge
10-08-2013, 07:50 AM
While Land Raiders are awesome (my second choice for sure)
They just don't have that apocalypse now vibe...

Kaptain Badrukk
10-08-2013, 07:55 AM

In that case it has to be the storm surely?
Right down to the guys hanging off it.

Deadlift
10-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Not even deep striking blood angels ones ?

Psychosplodge
10-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Hmm, possibly. But then we could go for thunderhawk transporters...

Kaptain Badrukk
10-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Dedicated transports!
Valks are in Elysians, but T-Hawks?
Mind you they are Forgeworld...............

Kirsten
10-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Valkyrie every time. then drop pods.

Wolfshade
10-08-2013, 09:03 AM
True story: None of my deep striking landraiders have hit terrain :) Though I think a deepstriking landy should cause impact hits on units it strikes onto.

Denzark
10-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I have never really loved the drop pods. I am however at the latter stages of completing a 7-pod 1500pts SW army, and am having a love hate relationship with the b*stard things...

Cactus
10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Drop pods for me.

Your deployment zone, I'm in it.

Maxis Lithium
10-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Your lack of Chimera disturbs me. My all time favorite and it's not on this list. actually, this is all Space Marine stuff.

James_33
10-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Drop pods, definitely drop pods. I love the resigned sigh I get from my opponents when I drop troops and Dreadnoughts right into their backyard. I'd have more of them, but I hate building the darn things.

Lord-Boofhead
10-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Imperial includes the humble Guard as well as the power Armoured glory boys of the Astarties.

So you need to add the Chimera and the Valkyrie and its variant the Vendetta to that list....

BTW I vote Chimera ...

ElectricPaladin
10-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Your lack of Chimera disturbs me. My all time favorite and it's not on this list. actually, this is all Space Marine stuff.

Yeah. I owned that already. My bad.

TheyStoleMyName!
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Maybe it's just my nature to vote for the underdog no one seems to like, but I've become a huge fan of the Storm in the new book. Cheap heavy flamers in the enemy deployment zone turn 1? Love the sight of Tau burning behind their precious Aegis line before they even get to shoot!

FreedomHammer
10-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Drop Pods: like the fists of an angry god hammering the planet into submission.

GrauGeist
10-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Imperial StormLord

Carries 40 Guardsmen, Vulcan Mega-Bolter primary weapon, secondary Lascannon & twin Heavy Bolters.

Dedicated Transport, yup. For Apocalypse. ;)

Charistoph
10-08-2013, 11:12 AM
For my main Chapter, they operate under Templar Tactics, so the Land Raider Crusader it is.

For my soon to be started Ally Raven Guard-based Chapter, It would be the Land Speeder Storm.

For the Sisters I wish were affordable to start and run, the Reppressor.

Faultie
10-08-2013, 11:17 AM
I've always been a big fan of the look, function, and fiction for the Arbites/Sororitas Repressor. The model is great, the rules are solid, and I love the idea of a Rhino-variant specifically designed as an urban-combat APC.

Brakkart
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I am going to cast my vote for Other as while I love the Land Raider (almost finished my first one), the Drop Pod (made one of the fiddly b*stards, not looking forward to doing that again) and the Land Speeder Storm, my all time favourite Imperial tranposrt is:

The Hellbore

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e9CoJULTOIo/SgmYQ-0plsI/AAAAAAAABgM/dAdI_LG2dZw/s400/Imperial+Hellbore+001.jpg

Also it's lesser cousins the Termite and the Mole. I would LOVE to see these brought into 40k, there's just something inherently awesome about a drop pod that tunnels underground and comes up insides the enemy fortifications etc. Granted the Hellbore is a bit too big (though I bet Machinator or Forgeworld could take a decent crack at building one!), but the other two could be done easily enough in plastic.

Archon
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The RH1nO - for me the most iconic transport. Yes i like to raider more, because he is A14, has lascans etc. it is hard to compare with the rhino (you get 7 rhinos for a godhammer LR!) - so I go with the rhino :cool:

Exterminatus
10-09-2013, 12:25 AM
With the choices im offered, I have to go with the land raider
can't beat av 14 all around.

Learn2Eel
10-09-2013, 01:26 AM
The _______ is my favourite, it just offers more than any of the others. Yeah, the _______ for me.

Psychosplodge
10-09-2013, 01:39 AM
The _______ is my favourite, it just offers more than any of the others. Yeah, the _______ for me.

Really you like the _______? are you crazy? _______ sucks.

Learn2Eel
10-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Really you like the _______? are you crazy? _______ sucks.

I'm just kidding. I don't even like any of the Imperial vehicles.

Arkhan Land
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
The Land Raider, because I found its STCs and designed it...

ElectricPaladin
10-09-2013, 12:32 PM
The Land Raider, because I found its STCs and designed it...

I think you just won the thread, Magos Land.

YorkNecromancer
10-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Land Raider Crusader. Insane transport capacity, laughs in the face of plasma, has assault cannons, and is basically a bunker on tracks.

It's got to be the only true Astartes IFV for the win here.

Land Speeder Storm is a close second, Centaur third.

Rissan4ever
10-09-2013, 12:56 PM
My favorite is, and likely always will be, the trusty Chimera. The reason it's my favorite: Amphibious.

Also, I'm utterly shocked it wasn't on the list! The thread's title says "What's Your Favorite Imperial Dedicated Transport [emphasis added]," yet Space Marine vehicles dominate the list. There's more to the Imperium than just Marines.

Hunter
10-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Definitely the Chimera as my go to battle taxi, my steel legion feild 5 of the armored buggers , with infantry inside , they make for a credible , MOBILE threat against almost anything yet arn't overcoat which makes room for more Russes , hellhounds and my lone medusa "with proper enclosed compartment"