View Full Version : 1500 pts Tournament list. Salamanders

DOC-Shock
10-06-2013, 08:19 AM
HQ:
Vulkan

Troops:
10 man t-sqaud vet sarge w/ combi-melta and PF 1 melta 1 MM in rhino
10 man t-sqaud vet sarge w/ combi-melta and PF 1 melta 1 MM in rhino
10 man t-squad sarge w/ combi plasma 1 flamer 1 plasma cannon, razorback with A. cannon

Elites:
5man TH/SS term squad

Heavy:
LRC M.M
Thunderfire cannon

Not sure if I want to take out the terms and LR for another tactical squad and a vindicator or just leave it like it is. Open to any suggestions, tips, or pretty much anything.

Anggul
10-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Which Veteran Sergeant weapons are you Master-Crafting? I would say it's a pretty hard choice between the Combi-Meltas (the Melta parts are only one shot after all, you really want it to hit) and the Power Fists because you want to maximise multiple powerful hits with them. Personally I would just drop the Power Fists as they might just get stuck in a challenge and potentially be killed before they can strike. Sure they'll mash the enemy leader if they do survive to swing back, but if not then that's a lot of points thrown away.

DOC-Shock
10-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Well seeing as how I have Vulkan in the list, the melta will already be master crafted, so the Power fist would be the best option. The power fists on the sarges has saved me more than a few times, but considering I've only played 4 games in 6th edition so far the usefulness of them may have changed. Thanks for the reply, but I'm still on the fence on whether or not to just dump the LRC and terms for another tactical squad and maybe something else. Would appreciate any more thoughts or advice on this.