PDA

View Full Version : WFB 2014 Release Schedule

eldargal
10-05-2013, 12:43 AM
From 40k Radio (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=584875364881656&id=147396461962884):

March = Stunties
May = Wood Elves

pgarfunkle
10-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Wood Elves in May would be good, gives me a nice target to have my Lizards painted so I can focus on the Elves

angrybear
10-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Its nice to see some old ranges to be redone. I hope wood elves and dwarfs get the dark elves treatment. The bretonnia rumours seem to be gone which makes me sad.

Solution9
10-05-2013, 04:31 AM
I'd be happy to have either Wood Elves or Bretonians come out.

Houghten
10-05-2013, 04:43 AM
That would mean they've finally figured out how they can give Wood Elves some kind of huge monster / chariot kit (beyond the obvious plastic Forest Dragon)...

Mr Mystery
10-05-2013, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Stick Pixies were worked on alongside their cousins. Would make sense!

I welcome all updates. Gives me more variety!

Deadlift
10-05-2013, 05:37 AM
From 40k Radio (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=584875364881656&id=147396461962884):

March = Stunties
May = Wood Elves

Both of these could get me playing WFB. Wood Elves more so if I could do a pure tree spirit army.

Solution9
10-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Both of these could get me playing WFB. Wood Elves more so if I could do a pure tree spirit army.

I have one and I love it but right now it just does not work. I'm hoping the monster we get is a suped up version of a Treeman. Heck I would like to see more Forest Spirit units but I doubt that would happen.

gresha
10-05-2013, 07:27 AM

March = Stunties
May = Wood Elves

My only fantasy army.....in may......for my birthday......:D:D:D

WolfKnight
10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
That would make Bretonnia the oldest army book without an update (well, that's already the case). Even BT and Sisters got something first! The only thing that would make this okay: Brets in the 9th Ed starter box. And I suppose it will be good that I'll only have to afford IG and SW in that 2-3 Month timeframe.

gcsmith
10-05-2013, 11:00 AM
That would make Bretonnia the oldest army book without an update (well, that's already the case). Even BT and Sisters got something first! The only thing that would make this okay: Brets in the 9th Ed starter box. And I suppose it will be good that I'll only have to afford IG and SW in that 2-3 Month timeframe.

Already the oldest, the current dwarf and Wood Elf army books came out when I was playing with the current brets.

Dalleron
10-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Does this mean that they have a found a way to make them "competitive"? All I hear is that they're trounced at every opportunity. If that is the case, that could make a very interesting book.

TheCastigator
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Are Wood Elves going to be the last book of 8th edition? With only 5 books to go, will GW actually complete an entire edition?

Cap'nSmurfs
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I think they will, you know.

Tobias Alex Corvus
10-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I have one and I love it but right now it just does not work. I'm hoping the monster we get is a suped up version of a Treeman. Heck I would like to see more Forest Spirit units but I doubt that would happen.

If they do release an uber treeman model, you know the sculpt is going to be tree-mendous. Im so sorry but it had to be done. Lol

Houghten
10-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Did you join the forum just for the sake of that one terrible pun?

Wildeybeast
10-06-2013, 03:12 AM
So nothing between November and March? We know November is the second wave of dark elves and December will be hobbit based, but two 40k releases on the spin in January and February seems a bit surprising. Unless this staggered two month release is going to be a regular thing, which I'd be surprised about. Room for Bret's in January perhaps?

pgarfunkle
10-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Having just read this month's white dwarf I was wondering if wood elves are coming next year will they be done by Matt Ward? He's done the other elves and discussed how he worked on the history for both races at the same time, I think it would make sense for him to write the 3rd elf faction too. I saw one of the dark elf units negates ranks and instantly thought war dancers

KaiZie
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
If that's true pgarfunckle then we'll probably a see a lot of similarities between all 3 book including ASF across the board and some form of reroll in many of the different units. Wood elves have always intreged me to some degree, I think it's the foresty feel, I do a lot of my bases with leaf litter and doing an autumnal wood elf army has been on my hobby list for absolutely years.

The intresting thing that has been on my mind is what wonders will the Wood elves get in the form of new big creatures. HE got the Phoenix and DE got the Multi-kit Hydra Karybbdyss. Will Wood Elves get the obvious forest dragon/sisters of twlight model, or a giant treebeard-esque model?

CiaphasCaine
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I really hope dwarves get the same love DEs did, while the basic kits arnt terrible, they do look very tired.

Chronowraith
10-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm uncertain if Wood Elves would get ASF even in a scenario where the studio wants elves to form a common thread. The reason for ASF revolves around the martial prowess and training of their troops. While Wood Elves have generations of experience, they don't necessarily enroll in the military or have the same martial training that high/dark elves possess.

Certain segments of Wood Elf society make sense for ASF due to their more martial nature (War Dancers and a few others) but I'd rather see them get something unique like, "Perfect Hunters: Models with this rule always reroll failed to Wound rolls" maybe with forest spirits gaining a rule that makes them steadfast in woods (or near woods). Still.. That's just wishlisting...

pgarfunkle
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I've always thought of the elves of all types as naturally fast and so ASF would suit all of them. The training of the high elves is what allows them to gain the extra rank bonus.

KaiZie
10-08-2013, 01:35 AM
I can see ASF across the board because, well, Elves are quick. I can also see a boost to forests, maybe choosing what kind of wood it is on the mysterious forest table or something, but thats just a wild stab in the dark

angrybear
10-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Wood Elves will get asf just like their cousins. I mean they have a origin like the dark elves and are ex "high elves". I am really interested in the big tree man kit that has been rumored. The trend of gw is to make duel kits of monsters so what can a tree man be except some sort of "evil" tree. Personally I hope they just drop the wood elf dragon or only a choice for the special lord sister choice. I never understand the need for a forest dragon. A great eagle,owl or some sort of dragonfly would suit them better in my opinion. I hope the new wood elves are more themed like in the hobbit movie. Some rumors ago said that the new wood elves would be more "dark". A more primitive and ferocious theme would be nice with still some elf nobility.

Mr Mystery
10-08-2013, 05:07 AM
Already the oldest, the current dwarf and Wood Elf army books came out when I was playing with the current brets.

Dwarf book came out just before 7th Ed, and I'm fairly sure the Woodies were before that. Certainly I was still living at home at that point, and I haven't done that in 6 years!

angrybear
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Dwarf book came out just before 7th Ed, and I'm fairly sure the Woodies were before that. Certainly I was still living at home at that point, and I haven't done that in 6 years!

Bretonnia=2003
Wood Elves=2005
Dwarfs=2005

I find it remarkable they do wood elves before bretonnia because wood elves play style doesn't fit 8th. Just curious where Matt Ward takes the wood elves and what special rule they have besides ASF. Martial,murderous,...prowess

KaiZie
10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I'd imagine that nothing suffered dangerous terrain in forests as a starting point

angrybear
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I'd imagine that nothing suffered dangerous terrain in forests as a starting point

Would be fitting but as a main rule it would be a bit weak and situational. Some kind of ambush attack which results in more attacks would be nice.

D6Damager
10-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Bretonnia=2003
Wood Elves=2005
Dwarfs=2005

No mention of Beastmen = 2009?

Chronowraith
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Given they are discussing the oldest books out there... it's a bit superfluous but -

Beastmen were 2010. Skaven were 2009.

angrybear
10-16-2013, 08:05 AM
No mention of Beastmen = 2009?

Well beastmen are a "7.5" book so are technically more updated. They were clearly designed for 8th however not successfully. The beastmen book has some terrible internal balance issues but fit more in 8th. But they deserve a new book just not as soon as the other 3 .