PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight allies for guard

Daveisdvd
10-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi all. I need some advice for those out there who are very familiar with Grey Knights. A friend recently pointed out that I could take an inquisitor and an allied detachment for my traitor guard to fit the fluff of my army. This is a request for advice because I just got hold of the codex and it's pretty complicated at first glance.

Basically I want a character to represent my leader. He's a powerful human from a daemon world. He's a psychopathic genius and loves using tricks and diversions but is not afraid to get his hands dirty in combat. I want something that would represent this on the tabletop.

I also want to incorporate a vindicare assassin and I suppose a standard grey knight strike squad (these would need to become chaos marines that are tasked with serving my character.

I only want to use between 300 and 500 points to add to a 1500 point guard force. Like I said this is a fluff army so I'm not all about having the most hard core unit possible but I still want it to be effective. I don't really want him to be a psyker but I could justify it as cursed equipment he's been gifted buy chaos sorcerors. Ideas of pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.:D

Kaptain Badrukk
10-04-2013, 07:02 AM
The Hereticus or Xenos inquisitor and a converted up squad of 5 grey knights as CSM or "evil battle robots" or something would work just fine.
That'd leave you with an elite slot if you want an assassin but you'll struggle to get a tooled up inquisitor , an assassin and 5 knights with kit into 500pts so you'll have to be picky about their gear.

Daveisdvd
10-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Ok so I played around with some ideas (thanks for the advice Badrukk, couldn't keep it under 500pts) and here's what I came up with.

Xenos inquisitor: power armour, 3 servo skulls, conversion beamer, psyker (137)
Henchmen: 3 warriors with bolters, 2 jokeros, 3 servitors with 2 h\bolters and 1 plas can (125)
Ageis defence line with quad gun (100)
Vindicare assasin (145)
Grey knight strike squad x 6: mastercrafted warding stave, 2 daemon hammers, rhino, extra armour (215)

Grand total 722

Tactics - inquisitor and retinue is obviously fire support and will sit behind the defence line with his squad throwing out lots of shots. Also if I take his power from divination at the very least using the primaris power allows me to reroll all misses for his unit :eek:. That along with the jokero buffs and their own digital weapons makes this are pretty scary long range unit. Servo skulls can be used to manipulate the battlefield options for my enemy. Sniper does his thing and can be deployed next to quad gun or elsewhere if necessary. Grey knights are another great unit for contesting or slaughtering enemy elites. I really like this group and they will fit my fluff well and open up lots of great modelling opportunities.

Thoughts?