PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf shooty army

King Chud
10-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Hey all,

I wondering how to make a chaos dwarf army a shooty army that can withstand the horde formations of Ogres and WoC. I have 7,000 points of chaos dwarves, and I have two k'daii destroyers and two skullcrackers, so I know about the monster army lists, but I have little experience in building a gunline army. I prefer to run units in hordes, and often this isn't the case for most shooty armies, like DE. I have two units of blunderbusses with 30 man hordes, and I have four mortars that could be proxied for dreadquake mortars. From the 2,000 point lists on CD, I see small 20 man units of blunderbusses, and a disarray of deathshrieker rockets, magma cannons, and hell cannons. None of these armies are without a K'daii destroyer for some reason or another. The K'daii destoryer maybe the only thing to stand up against hordes, but there's got to be another way. I think one of the cardinal rules is to have pairs of warmachines to work in tandem, and none of the lists I've seen do that. How does someone go about building a 3,000 point shooty CD list?

This is my starting line:

1 infernal guard, 29 men, blunderbuss, and full command, 554 points
1 dark castellan, talisman of preservation, GW, 155 points
1 infernal guard, 29 men, blunderbuss and full command, banner of eternal flames, 564
1 BSB, Mask of the Furnance, GW, 200 points
3 dreadquake mortars with ogre slaves at 215 points each
1 Sorcerer Prophet, Level 4 hashut, Magic Carpet, Charmed Shield (for artillery purposes)
2 Deathshrieker rockets at 100 points each
1 daemonsmith, Level 2 fire, dispel scroll, 155 points
1 daemonsmith, Level 2 fire, feedback scroll, 180 points

I know this is 3,008 points. I will be playing against an all goblin army next week. My opponent doesn't have any giants or mangler squigs, so I know I will be safe from those.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.