PDA

View Full Version : Your biggest fear or sillyest etc

jgebi
10-03-2013, 05:18 AM
It's fairly self explanatory. Say whats your fear is and if you feel like it go into detail, e.g. how long you've had it. Anyone that comes on here and starts being a bully about what people are scared about shall have to answer to a mailed fist.

For me atm it's properly just being alone. Which seems fairly common for most teenagers or at least the ones I've meet and know.
But also mirrors but that comes from not liking what I see when I look and also I swear they are portals waiting to happen...

Mr Mystery
10-03-2013, 05:21 AM
For me?

Genuinely, being the last of my friends to cark it.

I don't intend to have a family, and indeed, at the age of 33 now, some might feel I'm leaving it a bit late anyways. As such, as I go through life, it's just me and my mates. And I really, really don't want to be the one sat in the nursing home, in a puddle of my own wee, wondering where all my friends went, and waiting for the reaper.

Depressing I know, but that's my one fear.

Kaptain Badrukk
10-03-2013, 05:26 AM
I'm scared of clowns, I get really uncomfortable around them. Stems from sneaking up later one night while staying at a friend's house and watching IT. Never recovered.
Currently have a fairly legit fear of not getting a decent job after I move.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Failure

Deadlift
10-03-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm not scared of anything. Except maybe finding the fridge empty.

eldargal
10-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Biggest fear: Being raped.
Silliest fear: That biting into a small tomato will cause it to explode like a grenade showering me in seeds and tomato gunk.

Gotthammer
10-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Do we have to only write one? I could fill a book with all my issues :/

Kirsten
10-03-2013, 06:26 AM
"spiders... and women... and spider women..."

eldargal
10-03-2013, 06:33 AM
I thought you'd like spider women:
http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/IG_3039_1.jpg
:p

Denzark
10-03-2013, 06:35 AM
I have mortality issues at the moment. My dog is looking old - it can not longer jump on stuff in a dignified fashion but has to scrabble. I think it is slowly on the way out following a cancer scare last year. I am also hugely aware my dad's side of the family don't last long into 70's and he has around a decade to that point.

Kirsten
10-03-2013, 06:40 AM
I thought you'd like spider women:
http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/IG_3039_1.jpg
:p

I do, it is a quote from Dog Soldiers :p

Psychosplodge
10-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Do we have to only write one? I could fill a book with all my issues :/

^this

Deadlift
10-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Oh all right I will play along.

My biggest fear really is my children and the ifs and buts that could happen with growing up. I'm a very protective father (wife says overly so). I worry about them mostly. My daughter especially. I wouldn't say I live in fear. But I do worry.

My father was diagnosed with Parkingsons a couple years back. Whilst not hereditary it's hard watching one of your role models slowly get worse as time passes. Growing up he was the biggest strongest man I knew and it's difficult watching that no longer be the case. I don't want my kids to see something like that happen to me.

I think my fears basically revolve around my kids and their well being. But saying all that I don't dwell on what could be or lose any sleep.

Was that better ;)

Arkhan Land
10-03-2013, 06:49 AM
being bitten by another god-damn venemous animal

Psychosplodge
10-03-2013, 07:00 AM

An intelligent virus doesn't count as an animal does it?

Deadlift
10-03-2013, 07:14 AM

Didn't get super powers then ?

Aegwymourn
10-03-2013, 07:20 AM
I am actually horrified of spiders. No idea why, but I panic when I see them. I don't even like books/tvshows/computergames with them. Just icky. My wife mocks me constantly since she generally has to kill them around the house.

Wolfshade
10-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm scarred of 'bus they seem not to see me...

Horncastle
10-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Like a few others have mentioned I'm absolutely terrified of spiders. So much so that when I used a box (from the portable AC unit I bought in the summer; the biggest one I could find) to remove one from my modelling room (can't kill them; my daughter gets mad if I do) my wife was so proud she decided we had to go out for dinner to celebrate.

Necron2.0
10-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I have more friends below ground than above it, and to be honest I have grown exceedingly tired of other people's funerals.

I am afraid of living too long. I would rather meet a glorious end, one worthy of a story, than end my days having someone help me wipe my arse.

Nabterayl
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
My silliest fear: Snails. Those beady little eyes on their creepy little stalks. And have you seen a radula? Just the thought of one of those things going up and down, up and down ... <shudder>

Necron2.0
10-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Ok, not so much a fear, but rather a deep revulsion. I hate earthworms. I used to not care, but I lived briefly in Oregon, and when it rained the earthworms would be driven to the surface and die en masse. Dead earthworms would cover literally everything - in particular the roads and sidewalks. You literally could not take a step without squishing five underfoot and the cars on the roads would turn them to paste. As you can probably imagine, the smell was gag-worthy. As a result, to this day I cannot abide earthworms.

DarkLink
10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/of-course-the-millipede-planet-has-an-oxygen-rich-atmosphere-how-else-would-the-millipedes-survive

Wolfshade
10-04-2013, 09:34 AM
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/of-course-the-millipede-planet-has-an-oxygen-rich-atmosphere-how-else-would-the-millipedes-survive

Someone else reads it?!

DarkLink
10-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Hell yeah!

Rissan4ever
10-04-2013, 11:11 AM
My Biggest Fear: The Dark
Every night when I come upstairs to bed, I have to turn the light off behind me, and I feel like there's something there, just behind me, chasing me up the stairs. More often than not, I take the stairs two at a time, lest The Darkness take me. I also can't have an open door leading from one dark room to another. Some primitive part of my brain just KNOWS something is going to come through. Mirrors in the dark freak me out, too; Blood Mary has special scythe, just for my head.

My Silliest Fear: Spilled Liquids
When I see a glass or bottle about to tip over, I have a moment of panic. When there's an actual spill, I run - RUN! - for a towel, because I know that every second I waste is another second the liquid is oozing, seeping, invading places it was never meant to go.

Buzzing insects give me the heebeejeebees, too.

eldargal
10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm rather ambivalent on the subject of velociraptors as well.

Kirsten
10-04-2013, 11:34 AM
My Biggest Fear: The Dark

I love the dark personally, but maybe that is because I am the one sneaking about in it :p

Rissan4ever
10-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I love the dark personally, but maybe that is because I am the one sneaking about in it :p
Great. Now I have to worry about helpful, fence-building lesbians sneaking up on me. ;)

Kirsten
10-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I hate it when that happens.

oh wait

no I don't.

Cap'nSmurfs
10-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm completely 100% insane-afraid of heights.

Roy Gibson
10-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Since everyone else is joining in i may as well. Im petrified of my dreams and have been as far back as i can remember.

Arkhan Land
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Didn't get super powers then ?

I wish, it just melted the back of my knee essentially :/

maybe I should have prayed more to the plaugefather

Build
10-07-2013, 12:35 AM

You sound ever so crepuscular (had to say it because I love that word).

As for me:
Biggest fear: heights and falling, yet not being the sharpest knife in the drawer I do like climbing and seem to get a giddy thrill out of falling, despite being terrified too.
Silliest fear: People poking the tendons in my bicipital groove, for me it's worse than nails down a chalk board, the sensation is horrible (had it done on me when I was training for sports massage therapy).

Bigred
10-07-2013, 12:50 AM
Real Fear: Spiders larger an 1" must all DIE DIE DIE!!! (strangely Scorpions don't do anything for me)

I'm good with heights. Pilot training beats that out of you.

Silly Fear: Burning the house down by forgetting to turn off something (my SO mocks my "make sure everything is off" sweeps before leaving the house).

Psychosplodge
10-07-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm rather ambivalent on the subject of velociraptors as well.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/velociraptors.jpg

Silly Fear: Burning the house down by forgetting to turn off something (my SO mocks my "make sure everything is off" sweeps before leaving the house).

That's just sensible.

Bigred
10-07-2013, 09:55 AM
That's just sensible.

Exactly - I mean the miniatures are in there!!!

Better safe than sorry - my sweeps are very thorough.

Rissan4ever
10-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Exactly - I mean the miniatures are in there!!!

Better safe than sorry - my sweeps are very thorough.
Agreed. That's a very sensible thing to be afraid of. It saves you money on your gas and electric bills, too.

Kirsten
10-07-2013, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIOrCdh9pI

Rissan4ever
10-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Stupid inability to view videos at work! Grrr!

DarkLink
10-07-2013, 11:38 AM
You sound ever so crepuscular (had to say it because I love that word).

As for me:
Biggest fear: heights and falling, yet not being the sharpest knife in the drawer I do like climbing and seem to get a giddy thrill out of falling, despite being terrified too.
Silliest fear: People poking the tendons in my bicipital groove, for me it's worse than nails down a chalk board, the sensation is horrible (had it done on me when I was training for sports massage therapy).

I've never been afraid of heights, but ever since I broke my leg rock climbing I don't even tense up in tedious positions except during freefall itself.

Psychosplodge
10-08-2013, 01:47 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/be6ed1457bbab75124ec41abb8ea6ea7/tumblr_mtr40lZGRu1qa70eyo1_500.gif

Rissan4ever
10-08-2013, 05:59 AM
I give myself good advice, but I very seldom follow it.