PDA

View Full Version : Value of Orks for sale

Blackcloud6
10-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Someone is offering the following Ork models for sale but does not know what to price them at. Wants me to make an offer. What would you offer for this:

1 metal Deff Dead with big shoota, skorcha, and 2 dreadnought CCWs
5 nobs
20 boys with shootas
40 gretchins and two Runtherds, all metal
1 warlord from black reach

I already have two dreads and another in the box, so the Dread is unnecessary but it is cool and configured different than the ones I have.
I don't need the warlord.

I have to look, but I could use the Boyz and Nobs.

madlants
10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
It sounds like the models are already assembled, which lowers their value a little, since you lose options. Paying up front in cash is also something most people are willing to take a slightly lower price for. Loosely based on ebay, I would say-
Boyz and nobz together-$40. If he wants more see if he'll throw in the Warlord for $50. You can probably use it as another nob in battles, or sell/give it to someone else.
Deff Dread-$20.
Gretchin-$40? Maybe? Tougher to say, since they're older, metal models.

So you could offer him $100 for the lot. That should be a good deal for you while still being fair to him, and sellers will usually go for lower prices if they pawn all their old stuff off in one convenient sale. Of course, the GW price for equivalent stuff would be around $200, so it's not like you'll be getting ripped off if he wants a little more.;) In the end, it all depends on what you're willing to pay.

Blackcloud6
10-02-2013, 10:46 AM
It sounds like the models are already assembled, which lowers their value a little, since you lose options. Paying up front in cash is also something most people are willing to take a slightly lower price for. Loosely based on ebay, I would say-
Boyz and nobz together-$40. If he wants more see if he'll throw in the Warlord for $50. You can probably use it as another nob in battles, or sell/give it to someone else.
Deff Dread-$20.
Gretchin-$40? Maybe? Tougher to say, since they're older, metal models.

So you could offer him $100 for the lot. That should be a good deal for you while still being fair to him, and sellers will usually go for lower prices if they pawn all their old stuff off in one convenient sale. Of course, the GW price for equivalent stuff would be around $200, so it's not like you'll be getting ripped off if he wants a little more.;) In the end, it all depends on what you're willing to pay.

Thanks much.