PDA

View Full Version : Why play Dropzone Commander

Grabula
09-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey all, I'm in the process of writing up some how-to/review articles on the plastic minis in the 2 player box set but thought I'd throw out some ideas behind why a gamer might choose Dropzone Commander.

http://adeptusforge.blogspot.com/2013/09/why-play-dropzone-commander.html

Nightwolf
11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
That looks about right to me. The scale is perfect, the game-play amazingly cinematic, and tactical depth puts games like 40k to shame. Literally every time I play DZC I have a hard time transitioning back. Especially with fliers. I love how DZC handles interceptors.

WargamerOnTour
11-12-2013, 01:22 AM
I've had my DZC stuff since it first came out and think the models are great, just wish I could find some other players here in NZ.

ElectricPaladin
03-11-2014, 11:10 PM
I was originally going to pass on Dropzone Commander, in preference for waiting on Spartan Games to release Plantefall, the ground-based companion game for Firestorm Armada... but then DZC got really big at my FLGS. So I'm reconsidering my avoidant stance and playing in a demo next week. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Daniel Walthall
03-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Sounds like a sweet game, and the rapid prototyping you mention must surely be made possible through 3D printing. New units can be designed in a 3D modelling program and printed within days/weeks as either plastic/nylon/resin or even metal, and any problems with the prototype design can quickly be changed in the 3D modelling program and the unit re-printed until it is perfect. Then a final print using the highest quality can be made, from which the molds for injection molding can be created to mass-manufacture the miniature.