PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Land Raider LC assembly.

Matthew Karl Spangenberg
09-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had advice on mounting the TL LasCannons to their gun shield. My first land raider has one TL LC that did not attach right and therefore does not move in tandem with the other LC. I know that I glued the mounting ridge to the shield properly, but it still came disconnected. I'd like to avoid this with my new LR, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Brent
10-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Matthew-
I've had similar problems, due generally to two issues.
One is that after I painted the lascannons, they didn't fit properly on the "hub" and thus were not in proper alignment for the shield to fit (they were too far apart). I had to ream out the holes in the lascannons to make sure that they fit properly on the hub. The fit is marginal even before you paint anything, so this is crucial.
The other problem involved glueing on the shield itself. Superglue is definitely not strong enough, so I had to scrape the paint off ridges on top of the lascannons and off the shield (the grooves into which the ridges fit). I then used solvent-type glue to fasten the shield (and clamped the pieces securely until the glue dried).
Hope this helps....
Good luck,
Brent