PDA

View Full Version : 4th Edition Preliminary Bombardment?

ElectricPaladin
09-27-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm getting ready for a Cities of Death campaign, and I'm curious about taking the Preliminary Bombardment Stratagem. The trouble is that it refers to a rule in the Battle Missions chapter of the 4th Edition book... can anyone who is an older-than-I-timer give me the rundown on what that meant?

Mr.Pickelz
09-27-2013, 02:47 PM
In Third Edition, the Preliminary Bombardment played out before the first turn of the game, but after every model had been set down/ deployed. For each Infantry, Bike, or Cavalry unit roll a D6 and on a 6 the unit takes D6 wounds and a pinning check, Ork boyz got armor saves against it so i guess it's AP -, Razorwire and tank traps are rolled for as well, if they are hit, they are removed from game. Vehicles had some weird thing mentioning their passengers (aka Rhino) could be hit, however the tank would not be affected. Something like the passengers could be pinned inside the transport. It doesn't make much sense with how 5th and now 6th ed. deals with passengers/transports, but I reckon that 4th's version isn't too different.

Cactus
09-27-2013, 02:51 PM
I think it was in both 3rd and 4th editions... but I don't have either in front of me.

Basically, like Pickelz said, it was a way to wound your opponent before the game started, but after you deployed. It never really made much of a difference in the game, except I remember always sticking guys in units so they'd be less likely to get plunked before the game started. Sometimes you lost vehicles though.

silashand
09-28-2013, 05:46 AM
I'm getting ready for a Cities of Death campaign, and I'm curious about taking the Preliminary Bombardment Stratagem. The trouble is that it refers to a rule in the Battle Missions chapter of the 4th Edition book... can anyone who is an older-than-I-timer give me the rundown on what that meant?

Check your PM's :)

Cheers, Gary

ElectricPaladin
09-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Check your PM's :)

Cheers, Gary

I have it.

You are a gentleman (or woman, or dog) and a scholar.