PDA

View Full Version : Long term DA project

DarkPheonix
09-26-2013, 03:21 PM
I am making my own chapter running off the DA rules. I have over 200 minis for it currently. I am starting to remove the paint from them today. I plan to do a squad/transport at a time till the entire army is clean. Then I will be repainting them, today is a landraider and 6 terminators in a bath of purple power/water. Used army painter to get a rough idea of color scheme.

I have also added another landraider to my force since the picture. Will post updates once I get some clean models. This is my color scheme I am thinking of using.

Hope to improve my painting skills as time goes on.....

Deadlift
09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Wow that's a sizable army waiting to be painted. I'm a small chunker so if you plopped that lot in front of me I wouldn't know where to start. Colour scheme looks cool and original. Keeps us updated and good luck :)

Oh and if it's based on DA, then will your Deathwing and Ravenwing have alt painty schemes ?

DarkPheonix
09-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes I am thinking of calling my chapter "Order of the Dark Phoenix" I like the color scheme of DA but hate painting white. I also have a smaller chaos army which was mostly Black Legion so I really wanted to avoid black as well. I am going to keep the base colors from the infantry and try to swap things up for the DW and RW. I have a complete 3rd company 87 terminators and only 2 squads of RW. My plan is to complete the 3rd company, then DW, then RW and then buy enough for 4th company. Once I get there 5th thru 10th will follow. Then Titans and anything else I can get my paws on.