PDA

View Full Version : How did Baron and the Wraithguard fare against the Blood Angels?

Lost Vyper
09-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Played two games today, one with 2500p and one with 1850p. Both lists had Baron + 10 x Hellions (+ Farseer on Bike in the 2500p game) and 5 x Wraithguard + a Spiritseer...we played for objectives and i must say, iīm a bit disappointed. My Guard found T5 on Bikes impossible to deal with (and the damn FNP) and on another game, they couldnīt kill 2 x Landspeeders with nine hits from the D-Scythes. Spiritseer held his own alone against the remaining few bikes in CC for three rounds and then getting killed.
Baron had FORTUNE and the Hellions had FNP from the drugs, but a poor placement saw them going up in flames in the first game and on the second, morale got broken in a critical moment and they were off the table. And this time, i had Baron placed in front (without Fortune) and guess what was the first saving throw...yep UNO :mad:...
My dice was REALLY bad today, and my opponent was on fire, best example, the Flier duel (Crimson Hunter vs. Stormraven). I got the Crimson in on the second turn AFTER my opponent and gunned his tail (he had flatted out). Got three pens and a glance. He saved all the pens and failed the glance. Next turn --> no more Crimson Hunter...i lost the first game like 6-0 but the second one was a closer one. He had Astorath, so all his troops were fearless and that saved his butt. If the game had ended on turn 5, it would have been a draw. We had special rules for the objective values (d3) and he threw twice a 6 and me twice a 4. There was a chance in the sixth round to tie or even go to lead, but thatīs when he threw the another of the sixes.

I was thinking about a (costly) backup for the Wraithguard...Jain Zar...she would take care of the CC and they would just cheer,or does anyone have a better idea? 5 x Wraithguard (D-Scythes) + a Spiritseer + Jain Zar in a Waveserpent {Holo+tlBL+VE} (which were on fire today, except when i blew my shield, about 50% of the times, i threw a 1...) would be a whopping 630p...

Win some, lose some, but sometimes the dice are just f****** witcha, and you just blow a fuse...:(

Dave Mcturk
09-26-2013, 09:53 AM
put illic and baron in with a maxed out wraith unit... free +3 to cover save, keep them screened and annoy opponent... think a better and cheaper cc boost to wraith is lady malys.. much cheaper than jain zar,.. think axe guard are the best foot option, but scytheguard are bril in a transport... battle brothers are cool...

Lost Vyper
09-26-2013, 10:53 AM
I run mine in WS, so DAīs canīt see the secrets inside :), have to be from Eldar codex...

Lost Vyper
10-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Tried the Jain Zar + Spiritseer + 5 x Wraithguard today and they did some damage! On second turn they vaporized Mephiston (FB+Slay the Warlord) with a 6 from a D-Scythe and then they wrecked couple of Landspeeders plus got the LB in the end. If we compare the point cost --> points killed, we are still heavily on the negative here, but they got me two points in a game which i won 3-1, so iīm going to give them another run in the future...