PDA

View Full Version : Chapter relics question

Senger285
09-25-2013, 09:56 PM
So here is my question: can a chapter master, captain, etc.. take two relics/ relic weapons? are they like tau signature systems? seems to be a bit of a debate? What is the general consensus, please no fighting about grammar and sentence structure. What say you?

SaveModifier
09-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Yes, but each Relic can only be taken once in your army

hisdudeness
09-26-2013, 03:52 AM
According to the e-codex's force builder two relics and the armor are valid. You will still get people that will do the "FAQ wail" because this is "obviously" an error in the program.

Katharon
09-26-2013, 04:37 AM
There really isn't any debate on this topic...I mean, CSM codex has their Chaos artifacts that the SM codex copied its format from. So long as you don't try to take one relic twice with two different characters, then you're good.

Tynskel
09-26-2013, 05:44 AM
There really isn't any debate on this topic...I mean, CSM codex has their Chaos artifacts that the SM codex copied its format from. So long as you don't try to take one relic twice with two different characters, then you're good.

Wait, you are using another codex as a precedent for this codex?!?!?

daboarder
09-26-2013, 05:52 AM
down tynskel!

Katharon
09-26-2013, 06:21 AM
They do tend to follow the same template, wouldn't you say old boy? ;)

Tynskel
09-26-2013, 09:48 AM
They do tend to follow the same template, wouldn't you say old boy? ;)

Wait? What?! Use a 'precedent' for evaluating rules!? That, that, that would be a form of RAW!

Nabterayl
09-26-2013, 10:41 AM
But yeah, I think the general consensus is that multiple relics are fine. Each weapon the character has can be replaced with one relic, and no relic may be taken more than once.

hisdudeness
09-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Well, because I don't want to be on the same side of an issue as Tynskel I change my vote. Cannot do it, just because.

Tynskel
09-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Well, because I don't want to be on the same side of an issue as Tynskel I change my vote. Cannot do it, just because.

Shot across the bow!

Tynskel
09-26-2013, 11:13 AM
But yeah, I think the general consensus is that multiple relics are fine. Each weapon the character has can be replaced with one relic, and no relic may be taken more than once.

This is why the Space Marine Bike is an awesome choice for the Master of the Forge.

You have 7 weapons to exchange! Collect Them All!

Garradh
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
This is why the Space Marine Bike is an awesome choice for the Master of the Forge.

You have 7 weapons to exchange! Collect Them All!

Not sure why you keep thinking a twin-linked boltgun counts as two weapons.

Nabterayl
09-26-2013, 12:30 PM
I ... think that was a joke?

I mean let's be honest, space marines can kill a man with no more than their little finger. Clearly a space marine has at least ten weapons to exchange.

daboarder
09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
I ... think that was a joke?

I mean let's be honest, space marines can kill a man with no more than their little finger. Clearly a space marine has at least ten weapons to exchange.

They spit acid, 11!

Kyban
09-26-2013, 01:11 PM
It has the same restriction as the other codices. They "can replace one weapon with one of the following." I think most people tend to agree that if it doesn't replace the weapon it doesn't abide by the restriction so a model could have one weapon/shield and the armor (only one that doesn't replace) for relics.

Tynskel
09-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Not sure why you keep thinking a twin-linked boltgun counts as two weapons.

2 Servo Arms, Flamer, Plasma Welder, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Twin-Linked Bolter: I am counting 7.

If only there were that many relics to take!

dirkspair
09-26-2013, 08:45 PM
it would be the chapter master of the Helvetia Exercitus Cultrum Marines!