PDA

View Full Version : Mawloc Terror from the Deep

Lord Krungharr
09-21-2013, 02:39 PM
When the blast is placed on the unit(s) from the Mawloc's Terror from the Deep, are wounds allocated from the center of the blast? It's not Barrage, but we thought that since the Mawloc comes up from the blast, it's kinda like targeting the enemy unit(s) from the center of the blast. Or is it random wound allocation?

Nabterayl
09-21-2013, 05:01 PM
It's random. Treating it as a barrage weapon is certainly not crazy talk, but this is exactly the sort of situation that random wound allocation was put in for.

mathhammer
09-22-2013, 06:46 AM
It's a blast weapon with the origin of the shot at the center of the blast.

So the wounds start at the center and work their way out.

daboarder
09-22-2013, 08:21 AM
unfortunately its not a blast weapon mathhammer, the blast marker is merely a "template" that is used to determine how many models are hit. Nabertayl is right in that random allocation is the only thing really supported rules wise, but treating it as a barrage weapon would solve a lot of problems.

Tynskel
09-22-2013, 08:47 AM
I don't see any problems when the rules have a solution.

There is nothing wrong mechanically with 'random allocation'.

Just remember, the best way to use "terror from the deep":

Hive Commander Tyrant.

Lots of spore pods.

Surround your target with spore pods and units that spread out 6" on the drop. Have the Mawloc target the opponent. If the models do not have room to move out of the way, they are destroyed.

Bye Bye land raider. Bye Bye Leman Russ.

Aegwymourn
09-22-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't see any problems when the rules have a solution.

There is nothing wrong mechanically with 'random allocation'.

Just remember, the best way to use "terror from the deep":

Hive Commander Tyrant.

Lots of spore pods.

Surround your target with spore pods and units that spread out 6" on the drop. Have the Mawloc target the opponent. If the models do not have room to move out of the way, they are destroyed.

Bye Bye land raider. Bye Bye Leman Russ.

The gentleman who does Tabletoptourneys uses this tactic (http://www.youtube.com/user/Tabletoptourneys?feature=g-subs-u). Was rather interesting to see in action.

Tynskel
09-22-2013, 09:33 AM
It is a million times easier to pull this tactic off than in 5th Edition. With the 6" deploy, you can really make sure your target is surrounded.

Lord Krungharr
09-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Hmmm, I've not seen or heard anyone do this before. I don't ever want to see it on my side of the table either! ...hate those bugs :)

Tynskel
09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Hmmm, I've not seen or heard anyone do this before. I don't ever want to see it on my side of the table either! ...hate those bugs :)

The problem with the tactic is that the attacker usually is so obsessed with destroying the target, that they leave themselves tactically vulnerable.