PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Question About Dark Angels Company Masters...

ElectricPaladin
09-20-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to compile information about the new captains and captain equivalents. I play Space Marines and have access to a copy of their new codex, so I know all about the Space Marine captain and its options. What I don't have - because I don't play them - is the Dark Angels codex, so I don't know anything about their captain equivalent, the company master.

What I'm looking to do is to attempt to predict - from the data I have (/science teacher) - what the Blood Angels captains will look like.

Your help is appreciated.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Hopefully you'll be able to take Artificer Armour this time!

Cactus
09-20-2013, 01:16 PM
What do you need to know, weapon/armor options?

ElectricPaladin
09-20-2013, 01:22 PM
What do you need to know, weapon/armor options?

Basically: approximate cost, statline, and weapons options, in as much detail as you are comfortable posting. I don't want to bring the wrath of GW down on anyone. I want to be able to compare it to a vanilla captain and figure out what the Blood Angels captain is likely to be like.

DWest
09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
The Company Master is the same points and statline as a Codex Captain, and has all the same standard gear options at same cost (artificer armour, storm shield, armoury). He has "Inner Circle" instead of ATSKNF, but that's a Dark Angels thing. Terminator Armour is 10 points more than for Codex, but I can understand that, considering the Terminator shenanigans available to DA.

I would predict that the Blood Angels Captain will be identical in rules and costs to the Codex Captain; depending on what form Descent of Angels takes in the next book, Jump Packs in the Armoury might be 5 points more than they are for Codex.

ElectricPaladin
09-20-2013, 02:17 PM
The Company Master is the same points and statline as a Codex Captain, and has all the same standard gear options at same cost (artificer armour, storm shield, armoury). He has "Inner Circle" instead of ATSKNF, but that's a Dark Angels thing. Terminator Armour is 10 points more than for Codex, but I can understand that, considering the Terminator shenanigans available to DA.

I would predict that the Blood Angels Captain will be identical in rules and costs to the Codex Captain; depending on what form Descent of Angels takes in the next book, Jump Packs in the Armoury might be 5 points more than they are for Codex.

This seems like a fair prediction.

Assuming that we don't get shafted in terms of things like artificer armor, it sounds like a Blood Angels captain will become what the Space Marine captain is now: a cheap, personally badass HQ choice (rather than librarians and reclusiarchs, who will probably remain relatively expensive support piece) that you take if you want to run a single hero, leading from the front, or if you are interested in unlocking the honor guard unit.

I hope this is enough to bring them back.