PDA

View Full Version : Funny Manticore model planning

Shadoq
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey all,
Want to do a funny model for my Manticore. A Chimera with 4 rockets is just so blegh...

Couple options:
1: Mod a Chimera to have the rockets in a rack with a guardsman lighting fuses

2: Have a group of guardsmen the size of Chimera running, carrying the missiles as if they're going to throw them.

I've got the missiles already for either project. Took the hellstrikes off of 2 Valkyrie kits I have.

This project once completed would be used in friendly games only as I could see people getting cranky over the size of the base of the guardsmen group in a tourney...

Now to get started on the Leman Russ catapult.

Forrestfire
11-21-2009, 11:02 PM
You should get a base the same size as a chimera and have the guardsmen in a sort of phalanx if you go for the second option.

Lerra
11-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I'd love to play against that model, tournament or not. As long as it's roughly the same size/height. It sounds like an awesome and hilarious idea :)

Shadoq
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
My idea at this stage is to have standing models holding the rocket at a diagonal with kneeling models lighting the fuse. Figure I can use heavy weaps team models to do that.

person person
11-22-2009, 12:47 AM
This is a great idea! *subscribe*

The AKH
11-22-2009, 07:53 AM
For option one, you could use the Empire Helstorm Rocket battery and mount it on the back of a Chimera.

Whatever route you go, I think this'll look great (and hilarious) when it's done. Good luck with it!

Lindargo
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
For option one, you could use the Empire Helstorm Rocket battery and mount it on the back of a Chimera.

Whatever route you go, I think this'll look great (and hilarious) when it's done. Good luck with it!

lol that would be awesome!

Shadoq
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Took a look at that Hellstorm battery and it looks convertible. Always liked the model but never wanted to start in fantasy. Might have to make one of each for those rare apoc games I get in.

Should be starting project after next paycheck(next week).

archimbald
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
love a goe at it, if you do it put it up WiPs pls

lobster-overlord
11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
A friend at work suggested for a Deathstrike model, to use a large rocket and just have a ton of IG guys carrying it.

I have an old whirlwind that I always deck out with an HK. My conversion for that is a Space Marine holding what looks like a crayon since the old WW looks like a crayon launcher.

I personally love funny, but appropriate models.

John M>

Shadoq
12-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Well gents,
I've got the first model partially done.
This will be the mounted version.

My apologies for the quality of the pics, they are from a cell phone camera so not the best.

Remaining tasks to do:

-Green stuff hoses from the tanks to the rocket ends
-Paint(DUH!)
-Replace crappy paper base piece with card stock
-Glue everything down
-Get driver plate

Infantry version hasn't started yet...

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome as always

Herald of Nurgle
12-13-2009, 05:43 AM
You need to have at least 1 guardsman either: a) running around on fire, or b) Llllleeeeeaving on a roooockeeet.

Shadoq
12-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Hmn...
Guardsman with sword pointed forward a la tank commander on rocket is the way to go I think.

Shadoq
12-13-2009, 06:23 AM
May be a bit overkill but yes I went there....

Vorlon
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Honestly when I first read this thread I thought it would be another one of those great ideas that never make it past the drawing board....glad I was wrong!! This thing is great!

person person
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
That is the best Manticore I've seen.

You need to have at least 1 guardsman either: a) running around on fire, or b) Llllleeeeeaving on a roooockeeet.

+1 to that!

Mystery.Shadow
12-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Made from G.I. Joe toys and mounted to Basilisk chassis.

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/Battle+For+Terra+2/01011612.JPG.html

http://album.warpshadow.com/v/HiveFleetMysteryShadow/ApocalypseHalloween09/01011748.JPG.html

Enjoy!

Lord Azaghul
12-17-2009, 07:30 AM
You used the old Wolverine didn't you!

On the other converstion. Looks great!

After I saw the first pic I though it would be funny have a nice little que of guardsmen lining up to fire a rocket. Clearly this prototype with require one unburnt guards men per rocket TO BE fired!

Mystery.Shadow
12-17-2009, 12:40 PM
May be a bit overkill but yes I went there....

Now THAT'S great. Sure beats Grots in Grot Bombs!

Now, let's see you model Guardsmen on your Basilisks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkxQxPThi4&feature=fvsr

Recoil? What's that?

person person
12-18-2009, 09:53 AM
LOL, looks painful.

Although one marine on the manticore might be enough now that I think about it a bit crowded up there. OR make the marines magnetised and have other models like orks and eldar.