PDA

View Full Version : do Reading hits on vehicle damage table get a +1 at AP 2?

Rough Touch
09-18-2013, 02:47 AM
as the title said really, do you get the extra +1 on damage table after you roll the extra d3 damage?

Mr Mystery
09-18-2013, 03:04 AM
If it counts as an AP2 strike, then yes, yes you would.

Rough Touch
09-18-2013, 03:09 AM
my friend is saying
non vehicles get ap2
vehicles get d3 extra damage but not the Ap2

thanks for replying so quickly, a will inform him

Mr Mystery
09-18-2013, 03:11 AM
Read the precise rule.

If it's a close combat strike at AP2 when it rends, you'd get the AP2 against the vehicle.

Don't have my rulebook to hand, being at work!

GravesDisease
09-18-2013, 03:25 AM
What is a reading hit??

AP2 doesn't affect vehicle damage chart. AP2 gets applies for non-vehicles, +D3 Pen gets applies for vehicles. Unfortunately don't have exact wording but the reasoning given to me by an opponent was that the setence revolves around OR not BOTH/AND.

Kaptain Badrukk
09-18-2013, 03:39 AM
Ok, I have the rulebook here at work (because i'm working on my next supplement whenever time presents, be it lunch breaks, in front of the telly or on the bus. I'm just that dedicated.)
And the winner is.................
Rending hits against vehicles are NOT AP2. Here's why;
In the event that an attack with the rending rule is rolling to wound, and confirms the rend it auto-wounds and is resolved at AP2.
In the event that an attack with the rending rule targets a vehicle and confirms the rend it allows an extra D3 to be added to the total rolled.
Since this is not a roll to wound, there is no wound to resolve at AP2.

Katharon
09-18-2013, 04:47 AM
It's always +1 for AP2 Rending. Whether it be for shooting or for cc.

GravesDisease
09-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Thanks Kaptain, that's pretty clear. If it's still a contentious issue for someone then i think it's their reading comprehension is at fault.
Maybe this is what a "reading hit" refers to! ;)

Mr Mystery
09-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Given Kaptin's wording then I agree, it's not AP2, as that only applies to wounding rolls, not rolls to penetrate.

Pssyche
09-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Mods.
If this quote contravenes Forum Rules, please feel free to delete it.

"In either case (Close Combat or Shooting), against vehicles, each armour penetration roll of 6 allows a further D3 to be rolled, with the result added to the total."

No mention of AP2 whatsoever.

tallguynsc
09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
From the BRB FAQ

Q: If an attack with the Rending special rule rolls a 6 for their Armour Penetration roll against a vehicle and subsequently scores a Penetrating Hit, does that hit count as being AP2 as it would if the attack rolled a 6 To Wound? (p41)
A: No.

So Rending is not resolved at AP 2 verses vehicles, only models with toughness values.