PDA

View Full Version : The thread of odd dreams!

Mr Mystery
09-17-2013, 02:35 PM
So I had a peculiar dream the other night...

Dreamt I was round a mates house, geeking out. Realising it had got dark, I went home, only for my colleagues to be there, and a crying woman, sat at a fully laid table,

Turns out the crying woman (who kept changing identity, but remained American) was in fact my wife, and my colleagues were there to remind me of that fact.... And she was understandably upset I'd nicked off without saying and spent a long weekend with my mates (that I didn't recognise as anyone I know , but knew in the dream).

No, me neither!!

Anyone else?

Kirsten
09-17-2013, 02:39 PM
I once had a dream that I was shopping in town with my friend from America, who has never been here. Everything was greyscale, there was no colour at all, and it was fairly mundane, not even exciting shopping, but for some reason I was riding a horse through town.

archimbald
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM
does a two part dream about getting chased around your (former) current school by a floating stomach count? had it the guts of 7 years ago and can still remember it

scadugenga
09-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Awhile back I fell asleep whilst listening to Beats Antique and reading a sci-fi novel.

Had an incredibly surreal dream of beautiful women belly dancing while wearing power armor...

Wolfshade
09-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I recall none of my dreams.

DarkLink
09-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Some people have dreams about falling, or running but never getting anywhere. I have dreams about fighting velociraptors.

SotonShades
09-17-2013, 05:25 PM
For some reason we (and I have no idea who else was involved besides myself, just that others were) were throwing monkeys into the street to protect ourselves from something, but I can't remember what or why throwing monkeys would help.

I also had a dream that I was running around my old school (with about half the architecture wrong) being chased by Genestealers, which were behaving more like slow zombies. Slowly everyone I knew was being picked off, but because I knew what genestealers were I was just able to evade them each time. The weirdest part was the fact that the genestealers looked like bad rubber costumes from an 80s B-movie, with lightbulbs for eyes, and in the dream i was able to recognise that fact and worked out they couldn't actually be genestealers. Didn't stop them being deadly though.

I am off to bed right now to see if I can come up with some more responses to this thread :)

Psychosplodge
09-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Some people have dreams about falling, or running but never getting anywhere. I have dreams about fighting velociraptors.

You're not the man in the hat from XKCD are you?

I had dreams once, but four years of university and an abusive ex soon beat those out of me. Now I have nightmares instead.

Gotthammer
09-18-2013, 03:26 AM
I lucid dream a lot. Quite nifty when it's a good dream, not so hot when you're plagued by horrifying nightmares.

Kaptain Badrukk
09-18-2013, 03:28 AM
I once had a worryingly in-depth dream where I was a civil planer.
I was ordering concrete for something when I woke up.
It haunts me still, what was I going to build.............?

Psychosplodge
09-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Just concrete? A car park.

Gotthammer
09-18-2013, 03:37 AM
But it could have become anything, concrete is just the first step: first you get the concrete, then you get the pylons, then you get the windows.

Psychosplodge
09-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Or, a pile of concrete? and call it art?

eldargal
09-18-2013, 03:40 AM
After watching far too much Justice League Unlimited recently I dreamt that I was Stargirl and I got in trouble for not fighting in a battle against Brainiac because I was worried about wardrobe malfunctions because I forgot my belt so I stood under a bus stop holding my pants up watching everyone else have at it.

I also dreamt my kitties grew large as ponies and I could ride them around.

Wolfshade
09-18-2013, 03:43 AM
After watching far too much Justice League Unlimited recently I dreamt that I was Stargirl and I got in trouble for not fighting in a battle against Brainiac because I was worried about wardrobe malfunctions because I forgot my belt so I stood under a bus stop holding my pants up watching everyone else have at it.

I also dreamt my kitties grew large as ponies and I could ride them around.

Too easy...

eldargal
09-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Quiet you, don't mock my dreams.:p

Kaptain Badrukk
09-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Or, a pile of concrete? and call it art?
That's just it, i'll never know.........

Wolfshade
09-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Quiet you, don't mock my dreams.:p

You have spread your dreams under my feet; I will murphy dance the crap out of them with my boots on.

daboarder
09-18-2013, 04:04 AM
Me, I get nightmares about my teeth falling out, or crumbling.....yeah I got problems

Deadlift
09-18-2013, 04:09 AM
I seem to have my fair share of zombie apocalypse dreams, the thing is they aren't nightmares as I usually enjoy them.

Tyrendian
09-18-2013, 04:09 AM
I once dreamed a large airliner was crashing into the house across the street - nice and slowmo - and I just stood at the window enjoying the spectacle (nevermind the huge fireball and all...)
oh and speaking of fireballs - this one's even better... I must have been around ten, was totally into volcanoes at the time... so here I was, with a friend of mine, being driven by his mom to a neighbouring town for whatever reason, when right beside the street a volcano erupts... we just watch it for a while, then decide we can't really go where we were going with a volcano in the way, so we turn back. Then we're in my friend's room, playing, when... well... one of the walls starts to melt and lava pours in! Strange thing was, I remember thinking "hang on, that wall is on the opposite side of the house from where the volcano was..." - and then sadly I woke... would have been curious to see how that one went on...

Gotthammer
09-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Me, I get nightmares about my teeth falling out, or crumbling.....yeah I got problems

I get them all the time too! Well not so much since I seem to have stopped grinding my teeth in my sleep so much, but still occasionally. This thread's kind of depressing as most dreams I recall are not happy ones :/

DarkLink
09-18-2013, 07:37 AM
You're not the man in the hat from XKCD are you?

I had dreams once, but four years of university and an abusive ex soon beat those out of me. Now I have nightmares instead.

Oh, they're not nightmares. They're more like action movies. It's pretty awesome.

Kaptain Badrukk
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
I think the majority of my dreams would get me immediately censored by the mods. The one about the wife and a powergirl costume still lives in a special happy place to this day.

Psychosplodge
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Oh, they're not nightmares. They're more like action movies. It's pretty awesome.

Oh no, the second line referred to my dreams >_<

eldargal
09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
I think the majority of my dreams would get me immediately censored by the mods. The one about the wife and a powergirl costume still lives in a special happy place to this day.
I've had some similar dreams, not about your wife though.:p Usually me in the Power Girl costume.

Most of my dreams (that I recall) fall in the 'too racy for BoLs' category as well I'm afraid. Censoring the best bits from the Stargirl dream already.

Mr Mystery
09-18-2013, 08:57 AM
None of my dreams need censoring :(

Rissan4ever
09-18-2013, 10:09 AM
I've had some similar dreams, not about your wife though.:p Usually me in the Power Girl costume.

Most of my dreams (that I recall) fall in the 'too racy for BoLs' category as well I'm afraid. Censoring the best bits from the Stargirl dream already.
You naughty girl. ;)

I used to have two recurring anxiety dreams.

In the first, I'm driving a car, but the brakes don't work properly. No matter how hard I stomp on the brake pedal, the car slows down, but never stops. It just keeps rolling eerily slowly, crashing through walls and things.

In the second, there's a dark, blurry-faced assailant in my house threatening my family (wife and kids). My family runs and hides, while I stay to fight the maniac. But I'm weak, and when I hit him, nothing happens. I keep hitting him and hitting him, but I never hurt him.

Fortunately, I haven't had either of these dreams for quite some time. I think it has to do with getting my marriage back on track, reading some parenting books, and working out a plan to get out of debt. I feel much more in control of my life now.

DarkLink
09-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I've had some dreams that would make pretty cool stories, too. I recall one where there was like this giant haunted mansion, as in so huge that you could explore it and never find the outside, and everyone inside didn't know how they got there, so you had to survive while trying to find your way out.

eldargal
09-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Last night I dreamt I was elected to Parliament and became Minister for Geeks.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Last night I dreamt I was elected to Parliament and became Minister for Geeks.
Madame Minister, how do you plan to address the problem of Netflix Streaming customers not having access to the current seasons of TV shows?

eldargal
09-19-2013, 06:34 AM
By kicking people until something changes.;)

Psychosplodge
09-19-2013, 06:48 AM
In the boots from the feminist thread?

eldargal
09-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Maybe, or some with steel caps.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 06:50 AM
In the boots from the feminist thread?
If my wife kicked me with those boots, I would obey without question. ;)

Mr Mystery
09-19-2013, 06:53 AM
No no no. Politicians like that sort of thing....it's the public school.

Instead, make them use public transport and sit next to the plebs and course types.

Psychosplodge
09-19-2013, 06:55 AM
No no no. Politicians like that sort of thing.....

Who doesn't? ;)

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 07:11 AM
No no no. Politicians like that sort of thing....it's the public school.

Instead, make them use public transport and sit next to the plebs and course types.
That may actually work, especially, here in Washington DC. The Metro (our subway) is constantly, chronically, tragically underfunded. If we required our Senators and Congressmen to ride the Metro, I'm pretty sure they'd find some money for improvements.

Mr Mystery
09-19-2013, 07:15 AM
And don't forget to pay them the minimum wage as well, and bar them from any other income whilst serving their country...

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Easy does it, man. One step at a time.

Kaptain Badrukk
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
And don't forget to pay them the minimum wage as well, and bar them from any other income whilst serving their country...
That i wholeheartedly agree with. You should only rise to power for the service of your nation, nit for the ambition of wealth.

eldargal
09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
The problem with that is if you want talent you need to pay them, otherwise they go into the private sector and the people you get stuck with are the ambitious idiots.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Not necessarily. There are loads of talented teachers, police officers, etc. that work for peanuts, yet do an excellent job. On the whole, though, I agree. If you want talent, you have to be willing to pay for it.

Anyway, this is all just wish-listing. Congress isn't going to vote themselves into minimum wage or force themselves to ride the Metro. However, there is hope for gay marriage, healthcare reform, and the environment. The Tea Party can't deny reality forever, and their mainstream Republican supporters will realize within the next few election cycles that they can't tow the extreme right line if they want to stay in office.

eldargal
09-19-2013, 07:56 AM
They are still paid considerably more than the minimum wage, though, and don't have the kind if responsibilities being in guvmint has. No offense to them intended.:) Plus you still get public schools that poach really good teachers from state schools. Not so much with police I'd imagine.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 08:19 AM
I agree that pay should reflect responsibility to a point. If we put Congress on minimum wage, very few people would run, unless they were allowed to make money from other sources. But then you'd have to regulate THAT as well, which would be just another headache. As it is, congress actually does work quite hard. While I don't agree with what some of them think, they put in long hours and spend lots of time away from their families. More than one has retired citing stress, fatigue, and a need to repair their family relationships.

The idea that private schools pay more than public schools is largely untrue. I've talked to some teachers I've known socially, and they say that while there are some private schools that pay a lot higher, on the whole it's about the same.

Mr Mystery
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
The problem with that is if you want talent you need to pay them, otherwise they go into the private sector and the people you get stuck with are the ambitious idiots.

Beats the greedy ambitious idiots we're lumped with at the moment. And I apply that to all MPs, not just the current cabinet.

Though as ever, special loathing is reserved for nasty little manmaggot in charge of education, Mr Gove.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I'd be willing to bet that most of the "ambitious idiots" you're talking about actually genuinely believe that they're doing the right thing for the country. There is corruption, I'm sure, but the perception that ALL politicians are corrupt is too simple to be true. It's just as simplistic as saying that all poor people are lazy or all rich people are sociopaths. Reality is more complex than that.

eldargal
09-19-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't think there is any doubt our politicians are not corrupt. Some of them just have a rather detached view of reality.:rolleyes:

Psychosplodge
09-19-2013, 09:02 AM
I think detached view of reality is somewhat charitable.

Mr Mystery
09-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Really? I see every single MP as being bent as a nine bob note.... Utterly self serving, and in the pockets of either big business or the unions.

Sods the lot of them!

Anyways, back to dreams. I've not had any further recollection since the OP :p

eldargal
09-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Yup, hence the rolling eye smiley.;) Honestly they may have been a decent government in better economic times but they weren't cut out for dealing with the economic situation as it was. Generally the guvmint you least want in control during a significant downturn is a Tory one.

Anyways, back to dreams. I've not had any further recollection since the OP :p
A'ight. My stint as Power Girl consisted of me going grocery shopping where I bought a red pepper and some misc. green stuff, some chocolate and some bird seed for Hawkgirl. Then I went and picked up a food order to take back to Green Lantern.

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I don't think there is any doubt our politicians are not corrupt. Some of them just have a rather detached view of reality.:rolleyes:
The same is true across the pond. They're so sure they're right, they blind themselves to the facts.

But, maybe Mr Mystery has the right idea; we're off topic. Isn't there another thread for that? Or at least a tribute to a thread?

Psychosplodge
09-19-2013, 09:27 AM
The same is true across the pond. They're so sure they're right, they blind themselves to the facts.

But, maybe Mr Mystery has the right idea; we're off topic. Isn't there another thread for that? Or at least a tribute to a thread?

lol

Rissan4ever
09-19-2013, 09:36 AM
My 6-year-old daughter had a dream that all the grownups were in a hospital, but they were all asleep. The only grownup who was still awake was a Bad Man with a magic burning branch who was making all the other grownups disappear. It was up to the kids to stop him. She woke up before she found out who won.

eldargal
09-25-2013, 12:33 AM
I dreamt about Dark Elves.:cool: Which may not be odd under the circumstances but I think we can agree dreaming about eating sashimi off a platter resting on a table made from a recently sacrificed slave is a bit odd.

Mr Mystery
09-25-2013, 02:08 AM
I dreamt about Dark Elves.:cool: Which may not be odd under the circumstances but I think we can agree dreaming about eating sashimi off a platter resting on a table made from a recently sacrificed slave is a bit odd.

Somehow, I suspect not for you.

Psychosplodge
09-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Apparently Matt LeBlanc once dreamed of being Rachel

http://i42.tinypic.com/156y4q9.jpg

SotonShades
09-25-2013, 04:10 AM
I had a properly vivid dream last night. still lingering most of the way in to this morning.

I was at some sort of super secret 40k training academy, kinda like the school in RWBY, but we also had to learn ballet. There were clear glass lockers, but not enough for everyone so those of us who could drive got to share with someone who had one. we also had to queue up to use three showers that were very close together, with everyone in the queue watching. fortunately, and rather surprisingly for a 40k academy, about 60% of the attendees were female. I also had to go outside to get lunch, which put me in the middle of a town that was part Leicester railway station, part southampton, part London and part what my dream logic was reliably informing me was a bangladeshi street market... also there was a TV film crew documenting our 40k sessions.

For some reason I was not partnered up with other people because one of my two army lists was really weak, but I knew that the head instructor knew that although that one list was weak, the combination of the two was nigh unstoppable. I only had half of the models for one of the lists though, which made me really short, rather than my usual 5'10 self. There was also a really sweet, but condescending blonde female instructor who didn't really seem to know what I was doing there

Rissan4ever
09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
That's an anxiety dream. You're in an unfamiliar place, you don't have enough stuff, an otherwise attractive woman is being mean, and your nakedness is exposed for everyone to see.

Wolfshade
09-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Oooh ooh I had one.

Though it is fading fast.

I was at a football match (no I don't know why either) and my local team was winning something like 11-0 so I walked out and wandred into a within temptation gig which was awesome, the next I know I am waking on a narrow boat and there being loads of people I knew and it was a narrow boat convention. I crushed a bread role while escaping through the window of one.

DrLove42
10-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I felt it neccessary to post after last nights dream

I, my wife and someone I worked with 8 years ago were in a small seaside town, it was the second world war, except it was 1920.

And the timeline made no sense, becasue I saw some Space Marines in a shop, and the department store we went to used quills and Ink.

Then the German bombers came along, one at a time and blew up a particular house. All the time I could see and hear the head of German Bomber command. Who was being played by Liam Neeson.

Then another random friend of mine showed up and we started talking about if the locals knew the Emperors Great Crusade was going well...

Psychosplodge
10-01-2013, 01:58 AM
And how does that make you feel?

eldargal
10-01-2013, 02:04 AM
And how does that make you feel?
Lol.

Amusing dream DrLove.:)

I dreamt I was a Witch Elf captured by High Elves and taken back to Ulthuan to see if I could be rehabilitated by a wizard. I spent most of the time driving around Saphery in a chariot with the wizards daughter, including a visit to a drive through chariot fast food seafood restaurant.

Kaptain Badrukk
10-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Morning two dreams, one geeky one frankly scary (most def a nightmare).
Nerdy
I was called in to help with the development of the "CSM Legions book". I was constantly trying to sneak a look at Guardians of Terra which had been tucked away in a cupboard at the base of a bookshelf, but every time i got it out someone came to ask me another question so I only got to see the cover.
Nightmare
I was the surgical assistant nurse on a series of utterly horrific plastic surgical experiments on unborn babies. I won't go into to details, but let us just say that my wife woke me because my unconscious distress was enough to wake her.

Denzark
10-01-2013, 04:20 AM
I had a wierd dream I half remember as I woke up this morning. Basically, whatever I had in my hands turned into a bunch of rat's tails. This is not a euphemism - I mean a scaley hairy tail, about 6-8 inches long. I had a slack handful of 8-10 in my hands. No matter what I was holidng, when I looked down, it was a rat's tail. I try to paint, its a rat's tail. I pur a pen in my mouth to chew the end, its a rat's tail. Dirty, scabies ridden, with little tufts of hair.

I woke up being profoundly uncomfortable.

I don't know what it means. However I think I know the cause - my wee lad had his 6th birthday party this weekend. The theme was Horrible Histories. For those who don't know, the host is a talking rat. One of the party games was pin the tail on the rat - I had to cut out about 20 bloody rats tails the night before.

I just have no idea why it popped in there, staypuft-esque, last night.

Mr Mystery
10-01-2013, 05:19 AM
I had a wierd dream I half remember as I woke up this morning. Basically, whatever I had in my hands turned into a bunch of rat's tails. This is not a euphemism - I mean a scaley hairy tail, about 6-8 inches long. I had a slack handful of 8-10 in my hands. No matter what I was holidng, when I looked down, it was a rat's tail. I try to paint, its a rat's tail. I pur a pen in my mouth to chew the end, its a rat's tail. Dirty, scabies ridden, with little tufts of hair.

I woke up being profoundly uncomfortable.

I don't know what it means. However I think I know the cause - my wee lad had his 6th birthday party this weekend. The theme was Horrible Histories. For those who don't know, the host is a talking rat. One of the party games was pin the tail on the rat - I had to cut out about 20 bloody rats tails the night before.

I just have no idea why it popped in there, staypuft-esque, last night.

That, and it's a deep subconscious (and utterly understandable) desire to play Skaven.

SQUEAK! (everyone should have a Skaven army. They're great!)

Wildeybeast
10-01-2013, 06:28 AM
I'd like to hear more of EG's dream. Sounds like it could get....interesting.

Psychosplodge
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Just read a supposed fact Clocks are never in dreams. As someone who rarely really remembers dreams or even nightmares I was just wondering does anyone see clocks in their dreams?

SotonShades
10-01-2013, 10:39 AM
I kept waking up trying to work out how I was going to put the frozen chickens and apple sauce in my box of paints for the sign up event at my gaming society. Was totally worried that not having the frozen chickens would be a big issue, but the apple sauce was kind of optional. I vaguely remember thinking that screwing them to the wall would be a possible solution.

Psychosplodge
10-02-2013, 02:01 AM
How big was your box of paints? :eek:
And nails is clearly the solution.

Psychosplodge
10-03-2013, 03:29 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/tech_support.png

SotonShades
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm currently working my way through the sound files from Dawn of War and its expansions. Given how many of them are the various tutorials (literally a few thousand) I have a feeling I may have some odd dreams about upgrading squad members tonight...

Brakkart
10-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Ohh and odd dreams thread, I have a recurring theme in mine. Here's a 2005 entry from my blog:

They come in the night, in my dreams. Have done for years now. And as time has gone by so they've gotten faster, more intelligent and deadlier. Purple fricking alligators!! *pause for anyone reading this to have a WTF??? moment*

All done? Good. Allow me to explain. For several years now I have had a recurring nemesis in my dreams, or to be more accurate nemesi (I think thats how the plural of nemesis is spelt anyway). These recurring foes are... well they're alligators, four shortish legs, big tail, big teeth lined jaws, covered in scales, and they like the water. Only these ones have purple scales. And they're fast, oh boy are they fast! Linford Christie dreams of being able to run as fast as these things move. What's more they can walk on their hind legs, they can talk (though they rarely bother to do so), and they are damnably good martial artists. You wouldn't think an alligator would be good at martial arts but these ones are, and they can really put those tails to use!

All in all a pretty formidible set of adversaries. As far as I can tell there are no fixed number of them and they all appear to be identical... and they all want to kill me. They cannot be reasoned or negotiated with, they have no qualms about killing anyone and anything in their path to get at me. They also appear anywhere, in any dream, whatever it is about. I can be Indiana Jones, James Bond, a Stormtrooper, hacking my way through some dragons lair, reading a book by the lake... you name it. These vicious killers have an innate habit of turning up and turning any dream into a brutal battle for survival. Mine.

Don't get me wrong, I kill plenty of them, thats the great thing about dreams, if you want a Quad Barrelled FragMaster 4000 cannon, you just get one. Doesn't help though. They die in droves sometimes, but there are always more of them. Other times there will just be one of them and it's up close and personal for a kung fu fight that would put those in the Bourne movies to shame. And they've gotten me. A few times now I've suddenly jolted awake, drenched in sweat, as a serrated jaw tears the life out of my dream self.

They don't turn up in every dream though, usually no more often than 2-3 times a week and never when I nap in the afternoons oddly enough. Also, while I am kinda curious as to what these imaginary creatures mean, in the sense that dreams have meaning, I don't want them gone. They keep things interesting!

I still get these turning up, less often now but every bit as nasty as they have ever been.

DarkLink
10-03-2013, 07:34 PM
When i was training to go to ocs, i would do literally hundreds of pull ups a week. I would periodically have dreams with literally nothing but doing non-stop pushups and pullups.

Necron2.0
10-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Let me start by saying THIS IS A DREAM! At no time did any part of this ever happen. It is not a repressed memory.

I have a reoccurring dream that I've killed some people. In the dream I was in my twenties, I was in a bad spot in my life (which actually was real), and I killed this guy with my bare hands so I could steal his identity. I also killed a witness. I buried both of them in some soft dirt in a ditch.

When I first had the dream, it was so vivid and real that I'd thought I'd actually done it. I woke up in the middle of a full-blown panic attack, screaming, "OH @#$%!! OH @#$%!! WHAT DID I DO!!!" It freaked me out so bad that I had to sit down and retrace my entire life to verify to myself that the circumstances of the dream never could have happened.

The reoccurring part of the dream is creepy too. I don't have the same original dream. Instead I've had "sequels" that roughly sync up with my actual life's timeline. In the next dream I was fretting that it was just a matter of time before someone found the bodies, and that I should go back and dispose of them more permanently. Another dream had me freaking out that people were going to realize that I'm a fraud. In another dream I was moving to a new state to put distance between myself and the crime scene, which by this time was several years old. In yet another dream I was beyond any fears of being caught, but wondered if I should orchestrate some means for the bodies to be found so they could be properly buried. For the most recent one, I was reading online that a road expansion project in the Northwestern US had unearthed two skeletons, and wondered if it was finally going to catch up with me after all.

Again, to restate, these were just dreams. I have never actually harmed anyone in my life.

eldargal
10-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I dreamt I received a Hogwarts acceptance letter and got so excited I woke up.:(

Mr Mystery
10-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Odd dream last night.

About a lady I know, and fancy (enough about that one)

But also one about self esteem issues.....mirror showed Elephant Man. Yeah.

Psychosplodge
10-04-2013, 01:27 AM
I actually remember last nights!

I was at a convention, and for some reason the female american guest was kissing everyone she met - because she wanted to know what English people tasted like. :eek:

Weird...

Kaptain Badrukk
10-04-2013, 02:30 AM
This morning my wife was in full panic mode while unconscious, clearly freaking out.
Woke her up and we had a hug but she can't remember what she was panicking about, or even having a bad dream, and I've been wondering about it all morning frustrated by the fact I'll never know.

SotonShades
10-04-2013, 04:11 AM
I was right, but the only part i clearly remember was hearing the word 'Excellent' after everything I did in the dream.

Wolfshade
10-04-2013, 04:28 AM
The question is how it sounded.

Mr Burns = sinister
Bill & Ted = bogus!

Rissan4ever
10-04-2013, 06:05 AM
I was right, but the only part i clearly remember was hearing the word 'Excellent' after everything I did in the dream.
Excellent!

SotonShades
10-04-2013, 07:54 AM
The question is how it sounded.

Mr Burns = sinister
Bill & Ted = bogus!

Go back and play the DoW tutorials. Very very neutral :P

Wolfshade
10-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Go back and play the DoW tutorials. Very very neutral :P

Tutorials? What is this?

eldargal
10-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Last night I dreamt I was a spy for the NCR in Fallout New Vegas, spent a lot of time trying to infiltrate their fortress and worrying about being raped and enslaved 'cos that's what they do. But the Legion were all made up of teenage boys who were more scared of me than I was of them. A surprisingly insightful commentary on the teenage conception of masculinity that actually belies the ultra machismo the Legion represent actually, go my unconscious.:rolleyes:

Kirsten
10-12-2013, 09:42 AM
I had a really creepy dream the other night, myself, my housemate and some generic stand in characters (because every dream has a nameless red shirt or two you don't actually know :p) were going to Mars to take over running the colony there (as you do). we arrived and it was all nice with flourishing greenery, kinda like new mexico in red dead redemption. we were approached by some robots that began as necrons but very quickly weren't really at all (as is so often the case). they became shape changing fleshy creatures that pretended to be things like chickens, though one was a cat that had no head, and instead had a wide flat disk where its' head should be. they were asking for help to destroy their unstable nuclear reactor before it blew up the planet. then they started chewing off people's finger ends and generally edging toward eating people whilst claiming they just needed a bit of organic matter to do the shut down. I had an alien chicken gripping the end of my finger with its' beak, and when I tried to push it off its eye wiped off on my hand.

at that point I woke up. my conclusion is that I need to be a horror writer. my dreams are far, far more creepy than anything I have ever seen on tv.

Rissan4ever
10-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah, that's pretty freaky. I'd read that story.

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Sometimes I'll dream about my pet Tarantula, Helga. In dreams however, she is a LOT bigger and I am able to ride her about and use her to get to work. She is excellent at evading cars, lorries and motorbikes - but due to her excessive laziness she will often flop herself down in the middle of a busy highway to take a nap, so the dream always ends before I ever get to my bloody destination. Of course when I wake up, she'll be all curled up in her tunnel acting all innocent >.>

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 02:54 AM
So I had a dream which was quite strange, it involved their being massive trampolines on top of various church towers and needing to bounce from one to the other to do various jobs.
Then, there was some flooding so I visited this house and there was this car built into a house, only it was too large inside to be one, maybe a mobile home. There in I met a little old lady, late 80s, who announced that she knew who I was and that she was Eldargal. I was bemused, she made me a cup of tea and brought me cakes while explaining that she takes on the on-line persona of a younger woman to increase the communities acceptance.
Still skeptical, she then showed me about a 1million eldar models all painted and in display cases.
We then to escape the rising flood waters drove the house/car out into the water where it became a much smaller boat.

eldargal
01-15-2014, 03:12 AM
That's hilarious.:p

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 03:16 AM
I know the truth!
Also, what was with the use of beige everywhere!? Loved the flowery curtains.

Psychosplodge
01-15-2014, 03:20 AM
How odd...
Now this thread has returned, I know I was having nightmares new years eve as when the SO rolled over to snuggle up, I physically double handed pushed her out bed :D

eldargal
01-15-2014, 03:32 AM
I know the truth!
Also, what was with the use of beige everywhere!? Loved the flowery curtains.
I hate beige* and flowery curtains.:mad:

*As the dominant colour.

Psychosplodge
01-15-2014, 03:33 AM
I hate beige* and flowery curtains.:mad:

*As the dominant colour.

I'm sorry, Wolfies more convincing.

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 03:38 AM
"The "lady" doth protest too much".

It is clear that my dream was infact a vision of the near future and I know too much. If you need me I'll be in my bunk-er hiding from any and all automitons

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 03:41 AM
I had a dream the other week that I was trapped in Rapture. That was weird.

eldargal
01-15-2014, 03:52 AM
"The "lady" doth protest too much".

It is clear that my dream was infact a vision of the near future and I know too much. If you need me I'll be in my bunk-er hiding from any and all automitons

I'm just offended that dream me had such terrible taste.

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 03:55 AM
I don't recall seeing a bullfrog, though I had a distinct impression there were cats yet they remain elusive.

eldargal
01-15-2014, 04:06 AM
Could be a bullfrog disguised as a cat, tricksy buggers.

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 04:14 AM
I have no ideas, the important thing is that you were more amused than creeped out.

eldargal
01-15-2014, 04:27 AM
Honestly given the dreams about me men tell me about sometimes that was really refreshing.:p

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 04:37 AM
Honestly given the dreams about me men tell me about sometimes that was really refreshing.:p
I am the height of propriety.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 05:31 AM
Not to be confused with the height of society.

Cheers for the bars Wolfie. :p

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 05:52 AM

Cheers for the bars Wolfie. :p

bars?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Lines in a song.

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 06:11 AM
Lines in a song.

I am confused.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 06:16 AM
That's right, I am the height of propriety,
A respectful gent is what they tell me,
Busy down here listening to rhymes that sell glee.

That's a 4 bar rap.

Wolfshade
01-15-2014, 06:20 AM
I didn;t know

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Clarity.

Wildeybeast
01-15-2014, 03:58 PM
So I had a dream which was quite strange, it involved their being massive trampolines on top of various church towers and needing to bounce from one to the other to do various jobs.
Then, there was some flooding so I visited this house and there was this car built into a house, only it was too large inside to be one, maybe a mobile home. There in I met a little old lady, late 80s, who announced that she knew who I was and that she was Eldargal. I was bemused, she made me a cup of tea and brought me cakes while explaining that she takes on the on-line persona of a younger woman to increase the communities acceptance.
Still skeptical, she then showed me about a 1million eldar models all painted and in display cases.
We then to escape the rising flood waters drove the house/car out into the water where it became a much smaller boat.

You'd been playing Mario and watching the news about flooding. The car thing puts me in mind of dr who. And it's surprising EG hasn't been invading your dreams before now. I'm just waiting for those damn rainbow farting ponies to turn up in mine.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
01-15-2014, 04:00 PM
My dreams largely involve being some big rap artist called "Anarchy".

Rissan4ever
01-15-2014, 06:41 PM
My wife used to have dreams where I cheated on her and treated her badly. I told her I'm glad I'm not the man of her dreams, 'cause he's a dick.

Psychosplodge
01-16-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm just waiting for those damn rainbow farting ponies to turn up in mine.

*snort*
They're coming to get you...

eldargal
02-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Last night I dreamt that I was staying at my uncles who for some reason was the Ambassador to France and the British embassy was this immense 18th century chateau with even more immense grounds. The whole working farm thing with vineyards and whatnot. For some reason they had taken to corrosponding via horse messenger with the French guvmint and everyone was wearing 18th century dress (but had cellphones still) and naturally enough Michael Palin was employed as the horse courier. I struck up a friendship with a 14 year old who looked suspiciously like Power Girls teenage voyeur/admirer from 'Aliens & Apes' and he asked to marry me as a joke and my uncles reaction to the proposal annoyed me so much I accepted. It caused a huge social scandal and I ended up duelling the boys mother and won but dis-engaged him anyway. Then I woke up just as I was about to dig into a big plate of steak tartare and pomme frites.><

Wolfshade
02-04-2014, 07:49 AM
You are a strange special lady aren't you.

I had a dream the other night that I was convicned would make a brilliant action adventure horror novel. Then I realised how perposterous it was, I thought of using the pen name Dan Brown as it would be some unreadable drivel.

eldargal
02-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Yup.

Gotthammer
02-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Steak tartare... darn food wierdos...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ef5446f8f77ff6ff3ea08e4b341022e5/tumblr_mzousxJdZd1r3rdh2o1_500.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fda9d52f12faa9485122b6afaf6d132d/tumblr_mzousxJdZd1r3rdh2o2_500.png

:p

eldargal
02-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I never cared for Stroganoff.;)

Gotthammer
02-04-2014, 08:16 AM
http://sarabynoe.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/tumblr_mijogxdgvm1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

you're still totes a food wierdo...

:p

eldargal
02-04-2014, 08:20 AM
I actually do like Stronganoff but I've waited sixteen years to use that Anastasia quote.:cool: Not even joking.

You're a food weirdo!:p

Psychosplodge
02-04-2014, 08:26 AM
You're both food weirdos, better?

Mr Mystery
02-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Steak Tartare. Popularised by the french, on account it's really hard to cook when you're running away!

Rissan4ever
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I actually do like Stronganoff but I've waited sixteen years to use that Anastasia quote.:cool: Not even joking.
Sixteen years. Wow. That's, like, an Indigo Montoya level of crazy.

eldargal
02-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Pfft, dude has nothing on me and my families womenfolk.:p

ElectricPaladin
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Ever since I got a pet bearded dragon, I've had lizard-based anxiety dreams where I discover some lizard pets that I'd forgotten I owned. They are invariably alive, but in terrible shape, and I wake up with this sense of dread, shame, and anxiety. Sometimes my wife has the same sort of dream, but in her case usually it's that something bad happens to our actual lizard, rather than that we discover mysterious new ones.

Rissan4ever
02-14-2014, 11:03 AM
I had a dream where I was eating chicken off a toothpick, and part of the toothpick broke off in my mouth. I retrieved part of it, but a lone splinter escaped down my throat.

Wolfshade
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
If I watch too much walking dead then I end up with walking dead dreams...

ElectricPaladin
03-28-2014, 11:10 AM
I just had a happy wargaming dream. I dreamed that my wife and in-laws pooled their resources together to buy me Warhammer 30k figures and all the books that have been released so far. I woke up when I was about to post here to ask all of you which army I should paint them up as!

eldargal
03-29-2014, 05:47 AM
Nice lol.

Psychosplodge
05-08-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm bringing it back cause I can actually remember one!

Sat in some sort of English class. Eccentric lecturer wandering all over the place, when suddenly he turns from the board and points at a girl and says "What's your secret?" and she turns, points at me and goes "Him." At which point the entire class looks at me and my alarm goes off...

Wolfshade
05-08-2014, 01:55 AM
I had one to, maybe the sock connection is strong.

I'm at work, though the building is completely changed, and asked to meet a manager for lunch to discuss my work. I duitufully turn up and she leeds me to a floor with bedroom sweets and procedes to hit on me.

It was weird.

Psychosplodge
05-08-2014, 01:57 AM
May the socks be with you

Wolfshade
05-08-2014, 02:12 AM
The whole thing ended in a bit of an orgy and then a rat race as the floor was hidden with only female works on.. it was confusing.

Psychosplodge
05-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Yeah I didn't get the good bit, the snooze magic didn't work

ElectricPaladin
05-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Wow... that's an... er... exciting dream.

Last night I dreamed about someone trying to sell me a kitten with sixteen tails.

Psychosplodge
05-08-2014, 07:13 AM
I would have bought that kitten soooooo fast.

ElectricPaladin
05-08-2014, 07:16 AM
I would have bought that kitten soooooo fast.

I find things with extra bits unaccountably distressing. At least it wasn't extra heads (guaranteed to have me fleeing/vomiting irl, so instant nightmare). As it was, I couldn't quite decide. The kitten was quite adorable, and the tails looked and moved naturally, not like deformities, so...

Psychosplodge
05-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Well yeah, 16 heads wouldhave been silly

eldargal
05-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Dreamt I was Harley Quinn, my eight year old cousin was batgirl and my five year old cousin was an ickle Bane. Went on an archaeological dig with Poison Ivy and discovered an asari temple.:rolleyes:

Rissan4ever
05-17-2014, 06:48 PM
That's sounds like some crossover fan fiction just waiting to be written!

White Tiger88
05-17-2014, 07:29 PM
I drempt I got to kick Putin in the nuts for an hour.......was oddly satisfying.....

Rissan4ever
05-17-2014, 09:32 PM
That does sound remarkably satisfying. Hopefully, Spetsnaz won't kick down my door for saying this, but Putin could use a good, swift kick in the man parts.

Necron2.0
05-19-2014, 12:18 AM
I had a "wonderful" dream the other night. I dreamt I was helping an older couple, whom I was acquaintances with (not friends), explore a property they had acquired at auction. It had been the estate of an eccentric elderly woman who had died leaving no heirs and no will. The house was large and sprawling, over several acres of land. It was multi-leveled, but instead of stairs there were gently sloping, cork-screw ramps to accommodate a motorized chair. There was artwork everywhere, in the form of paintings, mosaics, and statues - most of it extremely gaudy - the predominant colors of the house were white and pastels of pink, orange and green.

The dream ended with the exploration of the woman's bedroom. We'd been told she had died on a chaise lounge in the drawing room. Instead, we discovered she had probably died in her bedroom, and most likely had lain there for quite some time. When we pulled back a thick, god-aweful fuchsia colored comforter from her bed, a horrible stench of decay filled the room. The linens were stained with an excess of bodily fluids, and it was clear that the mattress was infested with maggots. As I backed away from the bed, I looked to the older couple whose house this now was, and they were staring back at me as if I should be doing something about this abomination in their new bedroom.

That's when I woke up.

ElectricPaladin
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I had a 40k-related dream a few nights ago!

It involved two Knights of Blood (one of whom was a female space marine - don't blame me, it's just my subconscious) who were separated from their company and trying to find their way back to it. One of them fought with two pistols, Cypher-like, and the other had one of those giant two-handed chainswords. Both of them had been bike marines, but their bikes had gotten trashed, so now they rode giant lizards they'd stolen from the Dark Eldar. They were taking advantage of their chapter's bad reputation in the Imperium (which I always imagined translated to a good reputation among others) to find mercenary work while they tried to track down their chapter.

Necron2.0
06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
I had a dream I was a cop. I was tracking down two criminals who stole money from a bank. I caught up with the ring-leader, who was a black woman in her thirties. She said she needed the money for facial reconstruction. Her face was crawling with maggots.

I let her go ... with the money.

Anthrax ion pusscabe
10-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Ah dreams and me have a long and confusing history where do I start, I may go in chronological order
When I was like 8 I had a reacuring nightmare where I would go outside at night to take stuff to the bin or something and a large purple Frankenstein's monster with beer cans instead of bolts would grab me, lift me up and I would wake as it said "mmmmmm lost kid" and start trying to eat me whole foot first.
Then a fair few years latter when I was in year ten I'd just finished reading the entirety of the deltora quest franchise (great books for family friendly adventure and the first fantasy books I ever read) I was at school one day when a whole bunch of grey guards took control my force and started doing grey guard things like break resistance and stuff, then my favourite teacher pulled me into a space between two buildings and told me I had to defeat the shadow lord by restoring the belt of deltora and that the seven gems where hidden around the school and guarded by beings of evil, gave me the metal links of the belt and told me to go quickly, after giving me a hand drawn map of the school with several Xs on it, I went to the first X which was in the overgrown nature garden which had a sign saying it was the garden of silence I entered and ended up meeting one of my friends who claimed to have never left the garden and she was clothed head to foot in gear scavenged from grey guards, we defeated the first guardian and retreated the first gem and so on until we had them all (all the guardians were former bullies of mine) then we resorted the belts spell and saved the day.
My next notable dream was the night before I graduated highschool, I dreamt that I went to sleep the night before and then I woke up to my first day of year eight and I did a flashback repeat of highschool but with me meeting my group of friends in year eight instead of year twelve.
Now I tend to have the same sort of dream over and over again, but it seems to continue and progress from one night to the next, I am a lone horseman clad in full plate armour riding slowly through either a dense forest or very hilly area, I hear a distink sound in the distance screams, roars and weapon on weapon, I imediately charge my destrier towards the sound lance ready burst into the flank of a whole regiment of indistink enemy's attacking a group of defenceless people that are obviously fleeing some kind of horror, my lance kills three of the attackers on the charge but I have to abandon it and draw my mace and start killing the attackers left and right, then the enemy's break and start to flee and before those they where attacking could thank me I was riding away at high speed to humble to even stay to be thanked or to afraid to spend any more time around other humans.

Psychosplodge
03-17-2016, 03:29 AM
IDK what I've been dreaming this week but twice I've woke up in a proper fight or flight panic before I've realised I'm just laid in bed. Quite disturbing really.

CoffeeGrunt
03-18-2016, 05:00 AM
I have recurring dreams about spiders. Ever have it where you wake up suddenly half-way through a nightmare and the imagined crap is kinda fading over the top of the real stuff your eyes are seeing?

Yeah, I wake up every now-and-then to see spiders all over my bed and room, shock myself awake, and then feel incredibly embarrassed.

Funny thing is that I'm not even arachnophobic, but it's always bloody spiders.

Psychosplodge
03-18-2016, 05:22 AM
My head must be proper ****ed this week, had an actual dream I remember last night (very rare for me) and it was so ****ed up.