PDA

View Full Version : Some Teaching Lists (Sisters of Battle and Blood Angels)... (750)

ElectricPaladin
09-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm teaching a friend to play and wants to try out Sisters of Battle - he enjoys space Catholics, as a rule. I wouldn't normally be so leery of my own skill at creating learning lists, but the Sisters of Battle codex is kind of janky, so I want to get some feedback before showtime.

Note: My SoB model collection is rather limited, but I'm not against a few simple proxies. I have more freedom to manipulate my Blood Angels list.

My friend is a quick study, so I'd like to make sure I have lists that strike that perfect balance of ease and gamability so we can actually get our game on once he learns the basics.

Sisters of Battle 750

HQ
• Canoness w/Bolt Pistol, Power Sword

Troops
• 10 Battle Sisters, 2 Flamers, Simulacrum Imperialis
> Rhino
• 10 Battle Sisters, 2 Flamers, Simulacrum Imperialis
> Rhino

Fast Attack
• 5 Dominions, 2 Meltaguns, Simulacrum Imperialis
> Immolator w/Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support
• Exorcist

And the list I'll be playing...

Blood Angels 750

HQ
• Librarian w/Jump Pack

Elites
• 2 Sanguinary Priest (1 Foot, 1 Jump)

Troops
• 5 Tactical Marines, Sergeant w/Power Fist
• 7 Assault Marines (Jump), 1 Plasma Gun, Sergeant w/Plasma Pistol & Power Sword

Fast Attack
• Baal Predator (Dakka) w/Heavy Bolters, Dozer Blade

Additionally, with lists this small, do you think we should play on a 2x2, or a 4x6?

daboarder
09-17-2013, 12:55 AM
seem pretty good way of teaching, stick with the 6x4, but if that seems to be too small go to the 4x4 at the lowest.

ElectricPaladin
09-17-2013, 07:46 AM
The sad thing here is how hard the Sisters list was to make. With the Blood Angels, my thought process was "which tool should I use here. Will the Sisters have some way of dealing with this?" With the Sisters, it was more "sweet lizard, what will I use these points for that has a snowball's chance of contributing?"