PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard Thud Guns (Quad Launcher)

Katharon
09-16-2013, 05:29 AM
So what are your guy's opinion of these artillery pieces? I just got three of them in the mail and plan to use them soon; but I'm not sure whether or not I should field them in a single battery or three separate batteries. Has anyone else used them before? What did you think of them? Did they work out or fail?

http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/file/n4721417/thudd19store.jpg

Tynskel
09-16-2013, 07:26 AM
So what are your guy's opinion of these artillery pieces? I just got three of them in the mail and plan to use them soon; but I'm not sure whether or not I should field them in a single battery or three separate batteries. Has anyone else used them before? What did you think of them? Did they work out or fail?

http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/file/n4721417/thudd19store.jpg

You *can* buy forgeworld for competitive play...

But, seriously, you are buying forgeworld because they have awesome minis.

Kaptain Badrukk
09-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Know a guy who uses these AND heavy mortars. They made my orks SAD :(

Turner
09-16-2013, 07:38 AM
It entirely depends on your build but usually you should field them as a single unit due to all of the other choice the Imperial Guard can field. (Plus if you have Imperial Guard as allies you want to field them as one unit!) Just remember to review the barrage/multiple barrage rule because it is sure confusing when you have to roll up 12 small blast templates!

Cadian122
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I use them regularly with my Death Korps of Krieg, they're amazing, I field my 3 as 1 unit (although I usually plump for a unit of 2).
The way the barrage rules work (if you don't know) is you centre 1 template and scatter from there, you then scatter from it (just using scatter dice) the other 7 templates, they'll mess up almost anything, especially low save units - don't forget that the units take pinning at -1 LD as well.

Katharon
09-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Duly noted. I think for the first match I take them in, they'll be grouped into one unit. Although I'm thinking that 12 small pie plates might be overkill for some things...but meh, we'll see.

Cadian122
09-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Duly noted. I think for the first match I take them in, they'll be grouped into one unit. Although I'm thinking that 12 small pie plates might be overkill for some things...but meh, we'll see.

you can do 16 if you're Death Korps - which definitely is overkill.