PDA

View Full Version : This color scheme match any Space Marine Chapters?

Whereswaldo
09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Looking to make my dark angel space marines (mostly dark vengeance marines & after alot of scraping :'( to be workable) a custom chapter, one that could easily swap between dark angels & C:SM .... I won't be swapping any time soon (I really like how the DA codex is working so far - but I see serious problems down the road) and I figure after the 10 yr wait on the last dark angels codex it wouldn't hurt to be able to swap to C:SM at some point.

This is the color scheme I came up with

4849 4850

Since I already primed them the equivalent of DA green I wanted to keep the scheme and after painting some deathwing models I like the bone armor.

Just wanted to check and make sure this color scheme wasn't already in use as a cannon space marine chapter.

Thanks

ElectricPaladin
09-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Try doing a reverse Google image search.

That said, it doesn't ring any bells for me, so I think you're good.

Psychosplodge
09-16-2013, 02:34 AM
It doesn't matter if it does, I bet there's half a dozen chapters in insignium astartes that go to war as rebadged Ultramarines.
You should be fine.

StraightSilver
09-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Yep, I certainly wouldn't have any problem with them as a Codex Second Founding / Successor Chapter.

They don't look like any "official" Chapter currently so you should be fine. :)

And as said it doesn't really matter if it does.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-16-2013, 04:17 AM
No known Chapters bear those colours.

Chris*ta
09-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Sons of Medusa are close, but not identical, apart from anything I think you're using a darker green.

Page on Lexicanum (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sons_of_Medusa#.UjclEGhAosw)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/f/f9/Sons_of_Medusa_marine.jpg/200px-Sons_of_Medusa_marine.jpg

As most players wouldn't know the Sons of Medusa, you're fine. Also, remember there's meant to be a thousand different chapters, there's bound to be some duplication.

Whereswaldo
09-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Just to throw out there, you guys think it would matter that much if I kept the DA chapter symbol on the shoulder pads .... going with a winged / angel icon bits throughout the army and it fits, not sure symbol wise though on keeping the DA shoulders or filing them off.

Chris Copeland
09-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Leave 'em on. There are about 1,000 chapters out there. I don't think the Unforgiven have any kind of monopoly on Sword/Wing iconography... :)

Just to throw out there, you guys think it would matter that much if I kept the DA chapter symbol on the shoulder pads .... going with a winged / angel icon bits throughout the army and it fits, not sure symbol wise though on keeping the DA shoulders or filing them off.

Psychosplodge
09-17-2013, 01:19 AM
And if you're using the DA codex anyway, just make them a successor or something.

Cpt Codpiece
09-17-2013, 07:52 AM
as long as the minis have what they are supposed to have, or any unique weapon is the same the army through (grav guns in DA list, maybe count as plasma... as long as all plas in army are grav guns).

you have the books, the minis.... so WYSIWYG would be the factor.

Whereswaldo
09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Cool, going to end up keeping the DA shoulder symbol and paint it bone like the armor bits and to make the other shoulder pad .... shouldn't clash too much with contrast and all my vehicles have tons of angel icons and their chapter symbol can just be "oddly" similar.

I'll try to get a squad or two painted up soon and post pics, also had a little bit of free time after work so wrote up fluff for the chapter .... fluff should be up in about a week or so, pics soon after.

nathaneal246
09-18-2013, 12:24 PM
What you calling them?

Also as you are using the DA codex does that mean you will have the Ravenwing and Deathwing differences in colour, or will you keep them the same?

Should look cool though!