PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Fists 1500 Campaign List

Aspire to Glory
09-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi, all!

I'm joining a narrative campaign in a couple of weeks at my FLGS. I'd like to make sure that I'm not making any big mistakes. We're starting at 1500 but will be adding a flyer and units to be announced asnthe campaign progresses.

The expected armies I'll be facing are:
Orks
3 CSM (2 Vanilla, Thousand Sons)
Tau
Necrons
Eldar (Iyanden)
6 Space Marines (Black Templars, Doom Eagles, Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Salamanders, DIY)
Ravenwing
Sisters of Battle (!)
2 Tyranids
Blood Angels

Well, here's the list... I'm really trying to balance fun and efficacy with this list. I plan on adding a librarian and a stormraven later. Depends on how the campaign goes.

HQ

Lysander (230)

Troops

10 Tactical Marines w/ HB/PG and rhino (200)
10 Tactical Marines w/ MG and drop pod (185)
5 Scouts w/ CCW/BP and beacon (65)

Elites

10 Sternguard and drop pod (265)
5 TH/SS terminators (225)

Heavy Support

5 Devastators w/ MLs (130)
Thunderfire Cannon (100)
Thunderfire Cannon (100)

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Aspire to Glory
09-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Just one bump.

Amy help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Angelofblades
09-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Do you have to have Lysander? He is a whole lot of points for a 1500 pts game.

Couldn't you use a captain similarly equipped and save some points. Maybe throw in a storm talon.

Aegwymourn
09-16-2013, 07:24 AM
For what he does (being a tank) there isn't really a better option than Lysander.

I'd try to shuffle points around for the following. Upgrade the Missile Launchers to Lascannons on the Devs. Lascannons are incredibly superior at just about everything in this edition with the bonus str to help pen and ap 2 for the bonus on the vehicle damage table, not to mention denying armor saves. Get a combi-melta in your Drop Squad, only having a single melta weapon is usually more than a little unreliable. Scouts without sniper rifles is like peanut butter without jelly.

Those are the big changes I'd make. I don't know if having 2 drop pods at 1500 is something you want to rely on, especially since with those points you could probably upgrade that second tac squad to make them like the first and most of the changes I mentioned. Then again I don't like putting stuff into reserve/deep strike at all ( I tend to roll poorly for reserves so they take their sweet time showing up).

Kaptain Badrukk
09-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Drop the rhino and the beacon, get Flakk on your Missiles (or take lascannons).
Drop a Thunderfire and wiggle your points about for a Defence line.
That gives you a solid defensive point, which can handle air and land targets from behind a nice tough wall.
Then hammer home with your fast hard hitters. Following up with the footslogging tacticals to score an objective on the way.
But TBH your list is pretty solid without this advice.