PDA

View Full Version : chapter tactics and vehicles

dainironfoot
09-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi guys! Can someone tell me where it states that chapter tactics don't affect vehicles? Can't see it anywhere in the new SM Codex . Thanx a bunch!

Katharon
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Hi guys! Can someone tell me where it states that chapter tactics don't affect vehicles? Can't see it anywhere in the new SM Codex . Thanx a bunch!

The only Chapter Tactics that affects vehicles is the Iron Hands one. No other Chapter Tactics alters or changes or adds anything.

Obispal
09-14-2013, 06:30 PM
vehicles dont have chapter tactics rules so don't get them, except iron hands where it is directly stated

Katharon
09-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow, I didn't know you could create echoes in the interwebs...amazing.

dainironfoot
09-14-2013, 09:13 PM
OK......but where does it say this? I'm just asking because the imperial fists CT states "models in this detachment may re-roll all to hit rolls of 1 made with boltguns, storm bolters, heavy bolters...." So a landspeeder with a heavy bolter that is part of my Imperial Fists army is a "model in this detachment" so why wouldn't the CT affect it? Why wouldn't it get to re-roll its Heavy Bolter 1's? Not arguing, just don't understand where the rule that vehicles aren't officially part of a detachment is coming from. Thanx guys,

DarkLink
09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Read the rest of the Chapter Tactics page. It specifies that you need to have the Chapter Tactics special rule to benefit. The only exception is where Iron Hands specifically calls out their vehicles specifically, but "all models" means "all models [with Chapter Tactics]".

dainironfoot
09-14-2013, 10:47 PM
OK, I found it. Don't know what took me so long, thanx guys.

ilan.inglis
09-15-2013, 09:51 AM
well now, this really mess up salamanders :(

kire
09-15-2013, 10:59 AM
well now, this really mess up salamanders

Vulcan's rule isn't based on chapter tactics so he twin links all melta weapons. so double melta speeders are still grate just not double flame.