PDA

View Full Version : Building a Better Outflanker (Khador and Friends)

ElectricPaladin
09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I had a great game Wednesday night. I lost, but I learned a lot. I learned about protecting my 'caster from assassination (because I didn't). I learned that Aurora and her clockwork angels are an extremely viable assassination vector (because they assassinated me). I learned that the winter guard deathstar has the capacity to so thoroughly tilt most opponents that they go for the assassination because they "know" they can't chase you of the zone (whether or not that's true) so I should plan for it.

Most important of all, I learned that with their incredible speed and Flight, Aurora and her angels completely outclass widowmakers as a flanking harassing unit. With a forest to flee into and out of, they were able to reliably harass my lines, distract me, and eventually set the stage for the successful assassination.

I'm not worried about the assassination. I know what I did wrong there: I should have buried the Butcher inside the winter guard and forced my opponent to chew through all of them before the assassination became possible. Lesson learned.

What I'm curious about is what does Khador have in the way of flank harassers that can measure up to the angels? This includes mercenary options (hence the "and friends" in the title). If this conversation branches out to other outflanking modules available to other factions, I'm totally cool with that.

Oh, and by the way, if you're one of the people who has been selling the clockwork angels short as a fast harassing unit? You're wrong. Just wrong. Reform + Flight + SPD 7 is ridiculous.