PDA

View Full Version : A special recruitment drive request

Bigred
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
To all the old-timers and denizens of the Oubliette

The Lounge has been growing at quite a clip in 2013, but we are just getting started.

In particular, we have over a 10:1 ratio of visitors to members. This is a pretty high ratio compared to other large forums.

What this means in layman's terms, is that lots and lots of folks come over to Lounge to consume news and the coolest threads, but do so in much higher numbers than folks who actually register and post - compared to some other forums.

So as I've always said - the best ambassadors for the site are you - our veterans. Anything you can do to spread the word, and get friends, family, and other like-minded folks registered and joining our conversations is a great goal.

The wargaming forum universe has quite a different feel now than even a year ago, and we only want to continue our strong growth as the other sites alongside us wax and wane. It seems that lots of forum vets these days seem to be "multi-forum" travelers compared to the old days when the majority of people had a single forum. I think that's great as it ties the various communities together. I for one have been trying to grow the hobby section as I know for a fact that it is the ongoing hobby/painting communities that form the backbone of several large forums, rather than the news and rumors as is commonly thought.

There is no one better suited to spreading the good word of all that makes the BoLS Lounge special than you, so I would ask you all to take just a smidge of time and do some evangelizing on our behalf. You would be surprised how much a personal word of endorsement makes a difference.

Thanks gang!

-Larry