PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me How to Chaos?

ElectricPaladin
09-11-2013, 12:41 PM
One of the reasons I decided to repaint my Blood Angels as Knights of Blood was for the possibility of codex drift and playing them as chaos marines. It's fluff appropriate - the Knights of Blood are renegade loyalists, but in an older iteration of the fluff they were a Chaos warband, which opens the possibility for them being both.

Anyway, the trouble is that I'm really unfamiliar with the Chaos codex. I was hoping one of you could lend me a hand.

I'm interested in two things:

1) What are the general ins and outs of the codex? What should I be aware of?

2) What kind of Chaos list could I build with my collection (included below)?

3) If I were willing to kit-bash a few models purely for my Chaos collection (you know - Knights of Blood who look like Knights of Blood, but have wargear that they can't field as loyalists), what would you recommend?

Here's my collection (of stuff that might be even remotely useable with this codex):
• Foot Librarian
• Jump Pack Librarian
• Various sanguinary priests (not sure how they'd fit in): one with a jump pack and assault gear, one on foot with assault gear, one on foot with tactical gear
• 10 tactical marines (a flamer and a heavy bolter)
• 10 assault marines on foot (two flamers)
• 10 assault marines with jump packs (two plasma guns)
• 5 devastators (2 missile launchers, 2 lascannons)
• 1 Dreadnought with two fists
• Vindicator
• Stormraven (could be a counts-as Chaos storm eagle)

Thanks in advance.

DarkLink
09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, power armor csm kind of suck. But you could just throwbthe mark of khorne on everyone.and have a fluffy alt army. Unless you want some sort of countsas daemon prince/heldrake.