PDA

View Full Version : Terminators Codex: Space Marines

Tynskel
09-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Has anyone noticed, Terminators do not have the option to 'Always Teleport'.

DarkLink
09-10-2013, 04:01 PM
They did away with it because now deepstriking is always allowed. No need for that rule anymore. If a TO makes up a no-deepstrike mission, they could ban teleporting too if they wanted, but gw always allows it now anyways.

Tynskel
09-10-2013, 05:00 PM
If I want to make a drop pod terminator list, I have to have terminators on the ground. Always Teleport prevented that.

Nabterayl
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Very much in keeping with the general trend, though. 6th edition, in general, seems to have a philosophical commitment to models being on the table at the start of the game.

Tynskel
09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
that's true... but boy, breaking quite a precedent. Terminators have been in the 'Always Deepstrike' category for a very long time. 15 years. Possibly longer (I can't remember for 2nd Edition).

daboarder
09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
If I want to make a drop pod terminator list, I have to have terminators on the ground. Always Teleport prevented that.

No it didn't you only don't count if you MUST deploy in reserves, just because you could DS didn't meen that your termies ignored the maximum reserves rules

Tynskel
09-11-2013, 04:06 AM
No it didn't you only don't count if you MUST deploy in reserves, just because you could DS didn't meen that your termies ignored the maximum reserves rules

You need to re-read the rules. Terminators had the option to always teleport, even when missions did not allow them to have reserves. This means that they never counted toward reserve limits, because you could 'always' place them there.

Katharon
09-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I miss the extra 2 slots in the Drop Pod more than I care anything about the editing of a few lines of text.

Tynskel
09-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, it was pretty well known that GW did not like the 12 slot drop pods with 10 seats, and the 12 slot Land Raiders.

The compromise: You can still take 1 special/heavy weapon if undermanned squad. I think that's a good trade. I used to build my squads a 8 man units with sgt gear and special weapon. Terminator Commander or Techmarine, etc, filling in the last slot(s).

I am probably going to go back to that system.

DarkLink
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah. Because Land Raiders are so broken.

Katharon
09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Vehicles were fixed with the addition of the hull point system. Nothing else really needs to be adjusted in vehicles.

Demonus
09-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Except maybe how easy Dreadnoughts are destroyed. Heroes of the chapter destroyed by 1 Missile...

Katharon
09-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Except maybe how easy Dreadnoughts are destroyed. Heroes of the chapter destroyed by 1 Missile...

They use to be destroyed by one missile before now, so I don't see how this is any different.