PDA

View Full Version : Dev centurians

Vangrail
09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
So the big fists are not power fists.......why?

YorkNecromancer
09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Because if they use them to punch it'll bend the barrels of their guns?

Tyrendian
09-08-2013, 03:29 PM
and because they would make assault cents completely obsolete...

Gir
09-08-2013, 04:09 PM
and because they would make assault cents completely obsolete...

The fact that the assault cent drills aren't unwieldy makes them a bit better then powerfists.

Vangrail
09-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I was about to say ya the drills are iniative order.

Katharon
09-09-2013, 12:10 AM
They should function in such a way that, when no other option is available, the gun can be slid back and the massive fists can be used for CC. But then, I'm not a ruler-writer, so what do I know?

Cadian122
09-09-2013, 01:08 AM
I thought that, but then I don't really want to pay anything more for what is in my (Imperial Fists) army an anti-tank shooting unit. Sit them in cover/behind an Aegis line, and start popping tanks.
3x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers + an Omniscope on the Sergeant = lots of dead tanks.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-09-2013, 06:14 AM
They're strength five. So it's a big fist, but not a power fist. Doesn't have the power-field which enhances strength and negates armour. Still hits like an express train, though.

Katharon
09-09-2013, 07:02 AM
I thought that, but then I don't really want to pay anything more for what is in my (Imperial Fists) army an anti-tank shooting unit. Sit them in cover/behind an Aegis line, and start popping tanks.
3x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers + an Omniscope on the Sergeant = lots of dead tanks.

Why not bump that up to 6 Centurions? Then you have 6 x twin-linked lascannons and 6 x MLs. With split fire, that gives you twice the firepower and damage potential as any Dev squad.

Katharon
09-09-2013, 07:03 AM
They're strength five. So it's a big fist, but not a power fist. Doesn't have the power-field which enhances strength and negates armour. Still hits like an express train, though.

That's not good enough for me. They should have made some sort of entry for them being "AP3" or something, instead of just S5 AP-.

Also, I'm of the opinion that the Centurion should have gotten an invulnerable save of some kind -- at least a 6+.

Mr Mystery
09-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Because they're about the dakka, not the fisticuffs?

Cadian122
09-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Why not bump that up to 6 Centurions? Then you have 6 x twin-linked lascannons and 6 x MLs. With split fire, that gives you twice the firepower and damage potential as any Dev squad.

because the extra 270 points is spent on more baskets for the eggs...

Vangrail
09-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Mine have done very well so far. I magnatized their fist and guns. Used them with the grav cannon and they did very well. Then i did heavy bolters and hurricain bolters, they tore through alot because units just had to take too many saves.

Vangrail
09-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Also bc i play sons of medusa the feel no pain worked well. And i realized all sergeants get it will not die because they are characters. Doesn't help with single wound guys but my centurion sarg healed a few times! :D

DarkLink
09-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Personally, they're a bit overpriced with anything but the grav cannon, at least lacking a powerfist and invuln like an obliterator.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-09-2013, 11:03 AM
They should have made some sort of entry for them being "AP3" or something, instead of just S5 AP-.

Nah. I think it's a hard line they made for themselves; what makes a powerfist special is that it's a Power Weapon. It has an armour-crunching field. The Centurion just has a really, really big fist.

Grav Cannon really seem to be the way to go, but I don't think it'd be exactly terrible if there was a lascannon in the squad as well, just to go tank hunting when necessary.

Hapes
09-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Mine have done very well so far. I magnatized their fist and guns. Used them with the grav cannon and they did very well. Then i did heavy bolters and hurricain bolters, they tore through alot because units just had to take too many saves.

ANy pics and or helpful hints for magnetizing these? I just started building mine and it looks like a pain to magnetize em.