PDA

View Full Version : Dreadball Series 3

Bigred
09-07-2013, 11:09 PM
A New Season Is About To Begin!

DreadBall Season 3 is here!

The first season of DreadBall brought the Galaxy’s Greatest Sport to your tabletop and a host of characterful MVPs and Teams to your painting stations. Along came Season 2, introducing new players, new rules, coaching staff and cheerleaders to the fray.

Now, it’s the turn of DreadBall Season 3 – and things are getting big!

5 Giants

DreadBall Season 3 introduces massive tri-hex miniatures called GIANTS (http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/DreadBall/Giants.html?utm_source=Mantic+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6ef62bf659-Mantic_Games_Newsletter_223&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_20fe4cf5a8-6ef62bf659-201371186). Bought like MVPs, Giants count as two models rather than one and stomp around the battlefield creating mayhem and devastation wherever they tread/stomp/roll.

Each Giant gets its own highly detailed miniature and comes supplied with a clear acrylic tri-hex base.

4 Teams

Four new teams take to the pitch with Season 3: The Nameless, Asterians, Zees and the mighty Teratons. This takes the total number of teams up to twelve, each characterful and different in their own right.

Which one is your favourite? Let us know on the Mantic Facebook page!

3 MVPs

Rounding out the new entries in the Season 3 book are Mellisandra, Riller and The Praetorian – brand new characterful additions for your team, each with unique abilities and a detailed backstory.

1 DreadBall Ultimate

The Season 3 Rulebook contains the rules for DreadBall Ultimate (http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/DreadBall/Product/DreadBall-Ultimate.html?utm_source=Mantic+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6ef62bf659-Mantic_Games_Newsletter_223&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_20fe4cf5a8-6ef62bf659-201371186) – the DGB-branded multi-team game. Between 3-6 teams can take to the DreadBall Ultimate Arena to play ball and games are fun and frantic – particularly with two balls flying around the pitch!

Getting ready for Ultimate is easy with the DreadBall Ultimate boxed set which contains a durable, non-slip rubber Ultimate Arena gaming mat, a deck of 54 Ultimate Cards, Ultimate Counters, Season 3 Rulebook and four DreadBall Giants - that’s the Big Mech, Barricade, Nameless Spawn and Alpha Simian – and yes, if you add up the contents of this set it equates to pretty much half price, so there’s no reason not to pick it up!

energongoodie
09-08-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm not to happy about the Ultimate set. I have sent Mantic this message.

"Hi
I am one of your Dreadball kickstarter backers. I have been looking at the preorder for the 'Dreadball Ultimate' Set and I am a little concerned.
I pledged for the season 3 rulebook at $10 and Ultimate pitch at $20. I also pledged for 1 x Plastic Alpha Simian Giant MVP,1 x Plastic Barricade Giant MVP,1 x Plastic Big Mech MVP and 1 x Plastic Nameless Spawn all at for a total of $48. All together that is $78. This is MORE expensive than buying this set. I also do not remember there being a pledge for the '34 Ultimate Counters' or '54 Card Ultimate deck' so I could not get them at that time.
Does this then mean that even though I was an early backer I have paid more money than someone who was not part of the kickstarter and also that I will not even have all the components necessary to play season 3? If this is the case then it is unacceptable.
I have been a backer of the Kings of War, Deadzone and Dreadball campaigns. I hope I have got this wrong and your reply will sort it out.
Thank you very much."

DrLove42
09-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Wish I had the money.

Also moving away means I have to check i Have dreadball players were i'm going before buying new stuff

I want a Teraton and Asterian team...