PDA

View Full Version : 2k Space Wolves Thunderwolves Based.

Whereswaldo
09-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Wolf Lord (Runic Armor, Thunderwolf Mount, Thunderhammer, Storm Shield, Wolftooth Necklace, Saga of the Beast Slayer) – 245

Wolf Guard (5 Wolf Guard, 5 Terminator Armor, 4 Combi-Flamers, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 225

Grey Hunters (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod) – 215
Grey Hunters (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod) – 215
Grey Hunters (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard) – 170
Grey Hunters (10 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard) – 170

Thunderwolf Cavalry (5 Thunderwolf Cavalry, 2 Storm Shields) – 310

Long Fangs (Sergeant, 5 Long Fangs, 4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) – 155
Long Fangs (Sergeant, 5 Long Fangs, 4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) – 155
Long Fangs (Sergeant, 5 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers) – 140

= 2000

The Wolf Lord & TWC go across the board and wreck stuff … The only reason the Wolftooth Necklace is on the Wolf Lord is I had 10 points leftover … nothing else fit better.

The Wolf Guard are kitted out with combi-flamers / a heavy flamer (they all have power axes) and drop pod putting as many wounds on a deathstar as possible or ruining a unspaced unit / horde’s day – I don’t think many people will expect a mass flamer pod.

The Melta Hunters pod in and Crack Armor – Between the Melta Hunters and Wolf Guard Drop Podding in & the Lord with TWC coming up the field Target Priority should be annoying for my opponent.

The Plasma Hunters sit on objectives or foot slog up the field.

Missile Fangs provide support and the Lascannons can split fire for targets if needed.

There are not any serious air problems in my local meta so I can largely ignore it – if SW had flakk I would add flak on one model and split fire one missile launcher per unit of long fangs for fliers.

Thoughts or C&C ?

Denzark
09-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I like the direction. But I don't see the utility of a single lascannon amongst the missile launchers, I would rather see them both together to bring more anti tank utility. Also, remember the pods are going to have a turn where they are on their own against the world, probably in easy charge distance.

Whereswaldo
09-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I have had good results mixing in 1 lascannon in missile fangs, the higher str and ap shot can surprise you .... and with Split Fire it can help vs higher av and toughness stuff

Ya the drop pod units are going to be in a really poor position at the start ... but grey hunters are some of the most reliable troops and the wolf guard are all in terminator armor, also the pod units being close in at the start makes the TWC getting in position at high - full strength alot easier.

chicop76
09-06-2013, 11:47 PM
First time seeing the lascannon like that. I like it since it gives you options with your heavy support . Makes me think about 2 heavy bolters and 2 missile as an otion.

Not much to say here, but say that list is annoying. Your troops coming in drop pods with that terminator soaking up intial shots.

This is why I run early warning override due to stuff like this.

Turn 1 ds is.good for soaking shots away from your thunderwolves which can be a threat in turn 2. The second wave will be ok due to the thunderwolves. The 3rd wave on foot would probally be ignored unless you lost all your guys.

I think the list is rather good and capable with dealing with most list. It lacks anti-psyker which it can easily add and anti flyer. That being said I think armies like daemons and crons will give you some trouble.