PDA

View Full Version : 1750 New space marine drop pod list.

volrath8754
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey so I'm pretty sure I'm going to try a drop pod army with the new marine dex what does everyone think about this? Total points 1744.

Chapter tactics: Ultra Marines

HQ: 255 points
Chief Librarian Tigurius Warlord trait: storm of fire
Librarian Mastery level 2

Troops:1144 points
5X Tactical squad 10 men melta gun and combi-melta, Drop-Pod. 195 Points each
1X Tactical squad 8 men melta gun and combi-melta, Drop-Pod, 169
The two HQ's go here.

Elite: 345 Points
Stern Guard 10 men, 9x combi plasma, Drop pod, 345

Basic Idea is the two libbies go with the 8 man squad and hope for cool powers. I want to know what everyone thinks is 70 marines competitive at 1750? & what do you guys think I should do for 1850??

cyberjonesy
09-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I dont think its viable.
Flyers will wipe your squads in droves and marines just arent as tough to kill as they used to be. There are many lists out there that will just simply make you cry. I suggest you consider adding the new AA hunter tank with the seeker missile. 2 of them would be a good start and then you can look at something more serious for anti infantry, like adding heavy flamers to your sternguards.

DWest
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I don't think this list is as bad off as you're making it out to be. Drop Pods can be squeezed into the opponent's area, making it nearly impossible for flyers to get an arc on them. For 1850, I don't have the new book yet, but I'd consider running a Command Squad if you can to help guard your squishy Libbys, and a Terminator squad of some sort, to help pull attention away from your regular marines. I heard Scouts don't get Locator Beacons anymore, but if they do, I would suggest a Scout squad to infiltrate and help set down the Pods where you want them.