PDA

View Full Version : DA Ravenwing force

Tau2007
09-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to SM in general and DA in particular. But, I'm putting together a Ravenwing army and am a little unclear on things. The codex says that if you have an HQ on a bike, you can run a Ravening Command Squad. I want to run a Chaplain on a bike, so that fulfills the HQ on a bike requirement. However, I want to place the Chaplain in with a Ravenwing Attack Squadron. If I do this, does the Ravenwing Command Squad also join the Ravenwing Attack Squad?

And, finally (LOL), can I still Combat Squad the RAS if the Chaplain and RCS are part of the unit? If yes, do the Chaplain and RCS go off on their own, or can they go with one of the Ravenwing Combat Squads?

I hope that this makes sense. LOL

Thanks a lot,
Tau2007

Proximus
09-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Hello Tau2007,

good to see you joining us in our hunt for the Fallen :-)

To answer your questions: Once you`ve met the requirement (running an HQ on bike), you can take the RCS just like a "normal" unit. That means that it is in no way connected to your HQ on bike. Any character can join that unit, and your chaplain can join any unit. So yes, you can have him join your RAS, but you don`t have to.

The RCS can not join the RAS, since they both act as normal units.

If you split your RAS into combat squads, this effectively happens during deployment. Neither the RCS nor the chaplain play any part in the process of combat squadding. You can also choose to have a character join any of the newly created combat squads during deployment or later in the game.

Hope this helps.

Tau2007
09-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi Proximus,
Thanks a lot for your help!

Now, let's find Cypher!

:-)

Cheers,
Tau2007