PDA

View Full Version : The Heresy Thread....

Mr Mystery
09-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Evening all.

So despite not having bought anything for it for around a year, I continue to pursue my Emperor's Children army, and I'm fairly confident I'm not the only dirty little heretic player on BoLS!

Share the love! What force are you working on? What are you looking at adding to your force next?

For me, it has to be a good chunk of Mechanicum stuff. With no real 40k counterpart, they simply scream Heresy Era. Looking at a cohort of 5 Castellax, and 2 cohorts of 9 Thallax. They're just so stompy, and ought to bring enough mobile firepower to enable me to play with the real toys of the Legion list (so far 20 Assault Legionnaires, and 10 Cataphractii, lead into battle by the Limited Edition Heresy Captain from a couple of years ago.

And you?

Kirsten
09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
world eaters and raven guard

Wolfshade
09-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Blood Angels, 6th Company

Mr Mystery
09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
MOAR details kthxpls!

You going for a largely infantry force like myself, combined arms, mechanised?

Wolfshade
09-02-2013, 03:01 PM
6th "Eternals" are 10 Tactical Squads, I was thinking as primarily as a drop Company

Mr Mystery
09-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Legion Tactical, or a mix of those and support squads?

Wolfshade
09-02-2013, 03:20 PM
The initial plan, which I am still playing with, something like Tactical and Support so Volkite, Rotar Cannons and Destructor type squads. Though possibly try and sneak in some breaker squads.

energongoodie
09-02-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm just biting my fingernails waiting to see what the gorgon terminators and ferrus look like. I'm gonna build an army up around them.

Cap'nSmurfs
09-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Waiting for Ultramarines~

iheartgrimdark
09-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm waiting for the Vlka Fenryka to arrive. I would like to see the Wolf King, a Cormek Dod Contemptor, some Rout specific Cataphratii terminators and a power armour unit, oh, and maybe some Bullock pattern jet bikes. Apart from the above wish list, all the Mechanicum miniatures look super nice and I'll pick up at least a set of each of the current releases.

Mr.Pickelz
09-02-2013, 06:16 PM
"Waiting for Ultramarines~"

Same here, but for Space Wolves. I plan on doing a infantry based list, maybe with drop pods/ deepstrike/ "shock and awe" style. one of those Storm Eagles or Thunderbird, the one that is suppose to be bigger than a Thunderhawk, would be a cool center piece. Also, I'm lookin at doing most if not all models in Mk2 or 3 armour. I really want to see how or if their going to be divergent on the Army list setup as they are with 40k rules.

SON OF ROMULOUS
09-02-2013, 08:18 PM
sad to say it but waiting even longer then that :( my preheresy army will be Fists so seige of terra here we go lol... but i expect Dorn to be epic if not i picked up one of those kabuki Knights when they first came out the model that is Dorn is an amazing sculpt and when mixed in with regular marines he is taller then them with out being out of scale. Hoping to get to paint up a sweet sigmund when they do the model as well as a ton of termies mixed in with tacticals and support :) but then again i never know how to build a small marine force..... so 9th/10th marine army here we come :)

edjinn
09-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping to start a heresy army by the end of the year. I'm torn between two loyalists and two traitors, so it's going to have to come down to the models. Ultramarines or Blood Angels vs Luna Wolves or Thousand Sons.

I hope this isn't too off topic, but does anyone know the import costs to the U.S.? I should easily hit free shipping, and I have a credit card without currency fees, but I'm not sure about customs. Thanks!

Ulthwé Guardian
09-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Pre-Heresy Raven Guard.

Looking forward to seeing if the rumour of HH Book 3 will be released by Christmas.

DrLove42
09-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Word Bearers for me, same as my Chaos Legion.

Going to be smart so some of the models can be used in my normal Chaos list too :P

Very excited for Massacre